What's happening??? So many things! What's not happening? Weight loss. I am down 16 pounds and stuck here. REALLY stuck. Time to start trying a little harder. Eric and I just got back from a nice evening run. We ran about 4 1/2+ miles and walked another mile back up the hill. I cannot run the hill- it kills. So the exercise is in place; I have been spinning, running, strength training, hiking, walking with the stroller and 2 hefty kids, and even swimming a little. So now, it's back to concentrating on the food intake. My goal for this week: More water, more fiber, no eating after 7, daily vitamin, 1 salad a day, and no dessert for 1 week.
Now on to what HAS been happening. Last week my neighbors and I took our kids to the Discover Gateway Museum in Salt Lake. We all had such a fun time that we didn't start our drive back to Logan until 9:00 PM! Don't know who was more wiped out,...us or our kids. We played at the museum, ate dinner, let the kids play in the fountains, and finished it off by a little Gap Kids shopping. Weather was perfect, we lost no children, they all had a blast playing together, food was delicious (we were all so hungry), and social time with my neighbors could not have been better. Here are some pictures of that fun adventure:
Landon and Camden did another summer camp a week ago at the American West Heritage Center. Camden re-took his farm camp since the Deadly Peruvian Flu (as I call it) took us down for the count. Remember that sad story? Anyway, I did get a couple of pictures of Landon's "Frontier Explorers" camp. They were being taught by the nice Indian women. Take a look:
And then there is this, just in. It's Camden's soccer picture for the grandparents to have. Soccer has been long ago over, but I just received this through e-mail. Keep posted for the T-ball one, too:
And finally, our happy Fourth of July happenings. We had a jolly good time with the Hooley side of the family this last weekend. Ryan, Melissa and kids are up visiting from the Lone Star State. It was so great to have EVERYONE together- it has been a long long time...like the last Blue Moon, maybe. Sleeping in the trailer out in the backyard (air conditioned and running water) was surprisingly comfortable and bungalow-ish. The best part was that the baby slept so sound! I didn't have to worry about any of the 13 other kids yelling too loud in the house. Heaven I tell you, heaven. Some of the weekend events went like this: We hiked to Timp Cave, we went to our nephew Mason's baptism, we ate, we took family pictures (soon to post), we ate, we shopped, played video games, BBQ'ed, lit firecrackers in the street, ate, watched the kids play in the water and jump on the trampoline, ate, talked and laughed, tried not to go crazy with so many people around, Jada the dog totally tackled Ethan down to the ground, watched a movie, had a bonfire in Tessa and Jeff's fire pit, ate s'mores, talked and ate, went to church, listened to my mother-in-law give a great Relief Society lesson, and just overall had a great time.
Monday, July 7, 2008
Summer Happenings and Not Happenings. Lots of Pictures. Buckle Up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



12 comments:
Becky,
Way to Go -- down 16 pounds -- you are my hero! You are an amazing, dedicated, strong-willpowered woman! Cheers all around! The pictures were all great. We did the gateway last year- museum, water fountains-- it's a great day. So glad you had fun and fun with the family. Glad you were able to move closer to some family. Keep the pictures coming. I love seeing them.
You look so good! Whatever you're doing sista, it's working. You are hot!
Where do I start? this post is huge. first of all, Landon is looking so much like Eric! When did that happen; I always thought he looked like you. Second, how did the kids do on the Timp hike? We are going when we get there in August, but I am worried about whether or not we'll all be able to make it. I remember it being a little steep. Last, how was the children's museum up at the Gateway? it was just being built the last time I was in Utah and we have thought about visiting it sometime while we're there. Is it worth it? Love your family!
Heather,
Timp Hike: Davis in backpack, and you may have to carry Carter some of the way. I even gave Ethan a break now and then. MIL watched Bronson for us. :) I think you could do it.
Gateway museum: my kids LOVE it. Fun to see them exploring all the things there. It's kinda pricey, but good.
Landon looking like Eric: Some people have ALWAYS seen Eric in Landon. Maybe now that he's getting older...strange when kids are a perfect mixture, huh?
Thanks for the comments. Miss ya!
You sure know how to work hard and play hard! You are having an amazing summer! I loved the pictures, but your kids look WAY TOO OLD!!
I love those fountains! I hope we can get our kids there when we visit this summer.
Congratulations on your weight loss. You look fantastic. What's that thing "they" say - the slower you take it off the more likely it'll stay off? Easy to say when you're not the one trying to take it off. I was down .4 this week. I would have been happier had any number been in front of the decimal. -Rachelle
Golly jeepers I love those pictures of the boyz sitting on the stacked rocks--especially Baby Bron for some reason. Wow.
Also 16 pounds is a huge success, really. You look great in your photos, gettin all toned and cross training is so good. way to be, B!
Becky,
Seeing those pics of your family at Eric's parent's house brings back so many memories of those fun college years (esp. freshman year) when we were hanging out with Eric! It just makes me smile to think of those times, seems like a long time ago that we were single, livin it up, and you had a HUGE crush on Eric! Now, look at you...you guys are married w/all these handsome boys!!! Life is so crazy! I love it!
Wow! Now that was a great update! I didn't want the pictures to stop. It was fun seeing pictures of Eric's family. I haven't seen them for such a long time. I am so glad that you guys have been making the most of your summer! Can't wait to see you guys next week!
Bec, did you see that Emily quoted you in her blog? I loved that advice and shared it with her. She even has your page on a link!
Becky, good to find you in the blogging world. Your family is beautiful. Weight loss is not my favorite subject lately (20 wks pregnant), but it does make me realize once again - that it CAN come off (eventually). :) Something to look forward to.
Holy pictures!!!! Geez, I'm disconnected from the internet for a couple of weeks and so much happens. Don't you love summer? Oh yeah, we made it to the American West Center and loved it out there. What a great place for a summer camp.
Post a Comment