Tuesday, July 15, 2008

(Cal-ee-forn-eye-eh), Here We Come!

We leave for a little beach get-away on Thursday. There are a couple of pictures I would like to share before we go.

First though,...some thoughts.

Here is what I learned at Weight Watchers last Saturday. For some reason it really hit me as truth. It went something like this: "You are only successful when you pick yourself back up after falling." Period. Every time we get back up on the wagon, it's a success. Thank you, ma'am, for opening my eyes to that.

Another great thing I overheard from a WW client: "Well good morning, how are you today?" The lady answered, "Doing great, because that is the attitude I chose this morning." Isn't it true though? I was doing a little inside laughter but then I realized that I can be happy and have a great attitude any time I choose to. Any time! I already knew this, but it's never before sunk so deep.

Ok, now for the pictures. When I look at this first picture, I think..."How blessed I am!" Then I heave a very big happy sigh. Love them so much.
When I look at this second picture, I think..."His eyes are so blue! How can he possibly see through them?!?"
These next two pictures make me think, "How can I get him to stay 4, forever?!?!" I mean, look at him watching TV with his plastic cowboy hat on- what a little sweetie!


The next great picture makes me say, "Thank goodness for wonderful, loving grandmas!" I wasn't close to either of my grandmas. One was sick and one lived too far to visit. I never ever knew what I had missed out on. Now I see.

And finally, on a more temporal, materialistic subject: a couple of pictures to show that we are making slow progress on furnishing and adding to our home. We have been careful with how we have paced ourselves the last 8 months that we have been in our house, but sometimes I get so impatient. (We have held back for 12 1/2 years, mind you). I make myself feel better by saying that the economy needs us to buy some things here and there.

Excitedly I share with you that #1, I hung the center mirror in our bathroom with a friend, (thanks Jen), and our arms were shaking it was so heavy. But, we did it! ...and #2 (I am sorry, I cannot contain it any longer),...we have BEDROOM FURNITURE. There. I said it. I now show you. I went for the straight lines, classic pieces, ones that will be around forever...(temporally speaking, that is...) :)

Oh, PS. I also went with a sudden BURST of color. Our house has a lot of neutral, beigy, stone-like colors. I thought it would be fun to go bright in our bedroom. Thanks to Eric for not being a flower-phobe and for letting me choose what I like. Sorry, but I just can't do solids and stripes as a permanent deal. It's really ok for boys to like flowers. And FYI, the main color is red, and not pink, like it seems in the picture. Speaking of pink and red,... I will post our vacation pictures when we return all sun burnt. (Wish I could be more "brown"...just don't have the right skin.) Take care and bring on more summer!!!

15 comments:

Natalie said...

Gorgeous pictures. I love the post about attitude! So true! That is definitely something I need to work on, especially so my kids can learn from my example. Thank you. Have fun in Cali!

Rachel Mai said...

Great furniture! Just keep saying that the economy needs you. :)

And, you're right, you really are so blessed! Great pic of the boys.

Christie said...

Okay, couple of things:

1. Love your attitude. It's so easy to forget that we're in control of how we feel isn't it? I needed that kick in the rear.

2. LOVE the pictures of the boys. I hate that we don't get to see them all the time now. And at least one of them must marry my girl. They're just too cute.

3. LOVE the furniture. Way to throw in some color. And isn't that vanity the PB one? I love it. It looks so great, as does your bedroom.

I think that's it.

Though I may think of more to say later.

Tessa and Jeff said...

What great pictures! I wish I could have been there to visit with everyone else las weekend. We'll have to come up sometime soon. I absolutley love your new furniture. It looks great! Can I have some?? Have fun in Cali, you are going to have so much fun in the sun. Wish I could go! Love you guys, talk to you soon.

Chelle said...

I've been surprised by how many little "nuggets" come from WW meetings.

Those boys are so so handsome. What amazing pictures. I keep telling my girls they are so disobedient because they keep growing even though I tell them to stop! Wouldn't you just love to freeze them when they're adorable and so care free?

I love your style. Your furniture is beautiful and I love the color in your bedroom.

It goes without saying...enjoy the beach!

karen said...

Dang. How nice would it be if I had my christmas card beautiful photo all done and ready to ship off like you? LOVE that photo. It's seriously breathtaking. Your boyz are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO handsome. Can't even freakin believe it.
Also, got a chuckle myself at you "laughing inside" at the happy attitude lady. i can seriously picture you (and me) doing our comedy central act in the back. But she's right.

Jessie said...

Your house is so perfect--I feel like I'm looking at a PB catalog! You are furnishing and decorating your home with great taste...not everyone can do that, even if they've got the great house. You deserve it after all these years. And your boys...seriously...they should be in the catalog with the furniture as models! What a very handsome crew you're raising. Way to go Becky!

Jacqueline said...

Everything looks perfect -- the bedroom, the boys, the upcoming vacation -- all is well! Have a fun time. Sorry I won't get to see you while I'm here! We'll catch you on the flip side........

Jaimee said...

Hey You! Great picture of your handsome boys! You have such a cute family. I love love love your furniture--color,style & the bedding! Way to support our economy ;) Looks like your on your way to loosing those pounds your trying so hard to-I think you look awesome and way to go on your GREAT attitude..I can attest to how important of a role that is in the weight loss department! 80% mental 20% everything else!! Keep it up! BTW you mentioned swimming-I love to swim when I come back home we'll have to try and do it together sometime! Have fun in Cali!

Unknown said...

IKEA has a "stripe" bedding set that I just couldn't pass up and when I went back I noticed there was yet another color skeme. I got the one with lots of Purple! I like what ya'll have done, love all the pictures. Hope you have/had fun in Cali

Lacy said...

Have fun in Cali! I love the pictures of your house, very nice taste! Lastly the picture of the four boys is precious!

Heather said...

Love the vanity!!! It is fun to have matching furniture. And the boys so cute!!!

Karie said...

You have got an amazing talent for style. I love your bathroom and bedroom. Your boys are all so handsome!!!!

The Collingwood Family said...

love, love, love it!!!!!!!!!!

Leslie said...

Love your bed!!!