Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Break!

Don't you hate that when you go to see what someone is up to on their blog and it's the same post every time you check? Well, this is to prevent your frustration lest that is happening with mine. I have some fun pictures to share with you, having to do with Salt Lake, 10 kids and lots of free time, but I am having a "blogging block". I am feeling a "blog burn out". Really a "blog boredom", if you will.

But, boy oh boy are we having fun this summer!!! From farm camps to swimming for hours, long workouts with friends to dates and evening walks with Eric, (gosh that really sounds romantic...) we are having an unusually fun time this year. The boys were just asking me today on the way home from the pool, "Is summer almost over?" I was happy to answer, "nope, only half...and we still have our CA vacation at the beach where we get to see g-ma, g-pa and the rest of the family!" We also have another small camping trip planned, a hike to Timpanogos Cave, a Park City visit for the zip line and Alpine Slide, and much more swimming and sun (side note: Bronson is LOVING the pool!). So, this weekend we are going to visit our family a couple hours away. Eric's brother and family are visiting from San Antonio so we are going to celebrate our Independence Day with them. Eric is going to leave all responsibilities here on the home front and make some relaxation time for himself. We are due.

Speaking of Independence Day, have any of you read this book yet?For heaven's sake, THANK YOU, John Adams for spending so much time away from your family in New England to represent the US, travel all over the world, working to free us from England. It's a really great book (and trust me, I am not a historian), but I am learning a lot about what this man sacrificed to make things right for us. His wife was a lonely woman, waiting and waiting for a letter from the guy on the horse (I suspect). He was a good man, full of integrity, honesty, and loyalty. It's not a fast read for me but it sure beats Twilight in the WORTH category. Sorry, no intention of stirring up old issues here...(soft, shy, chuckle). But, I am really at a point in life where if I am going to read something, it's gotta be worth some knowledge increase or some high rank in the "uplifting category." Those are the categories I am going for when I read if you know what I am talkin' bout. Wow, that was just what I needed. Goodbye "Blogging Blues" and stay tuned for more summer pictures after our little break. Happy 4th all y'all (as a Texan would say). *wink*

8 comments:

Heather said...

OK so I am only one full page of posts behind in your life and now I will get back to my more exciting hobbies of scrapbooking, blogging, reading something besides textbooks, etc. I am sorry that my blog has been way outdated for the last two months. Anyhoo, I love ya Becky!

meg said...

Your are having the perfect summer and I'm jealous! Yes, I'm grateful for the move and for our new place, but I'm not exactly enjoying myself yet. Maybe that will come later...

Jessie said...

I'm soooo glad I'm not the only one who thinks that Twilight was a waste of time. I swear, some women I know live for that book, as if they are married to Edward or something. Vicariously living out romantic fantasies...wierd. Good for you Becky--filling that mind of yours with worthwhile stuff.
Glad your summer's going so well!!

Darci said...

Becky Hooley!! Oh, I can't tell you how happy I am to finally zoom in on your blog...I know I am not very good at this whole blog stalking thing yet! Your summer looks heavenly! Be prepared to see more of my comments on here! Happy Independence! San Diego misses you!

Melissa and Company said...

Becky, thanks for getting in touch. I don't know how to e-mail you, though, so send me a note at mploose@gmail.com. (Maybe it's on here somewhere, but I'm so new to this thing that I can't figure out that component. Sorry!) I wish I could enjoy another summer with you. Miss those days in Temple, TX!! Fun memories. . .

Unknown said...

I know at some point you are going to get sick of hearing me say this , but Logan is somewhat of the "promise land" for me...the summer's are just right, not too hot and not too cool. I do remember just having a nice picnic up there, nothing stressful about sitting on a blanket in the middle of summer and not dying from the heat or bugs!!!!! My body likes the weather up there, my heart will always been in Texas.

Jaimee said...

Guilty!!! I am so guilty of not keeping up with my blogging! It's so much harder in the summer's but no excuse I need to keep up with it especially since we have lots of fun times to capture! I go through the blogging blues too so your not alone in that category! Miss you and when are you making a trip to the lake again?!?!

Karie said...

your summer sounds so inviting!!! I'm so far behind on reading blogs so you may not even see my comment. Glad you are enjoying John Adams. Great book. I'm on to 1776 by the same author.