Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Sick

Today is my 7th day of a horrific-ly, awful session of some kind of sickness. Cold, flu, cough, fever. You name it, I have it. The kind where you have to lay in bed...drugged up and sleeping. Can't function, zero appetite, have to call your husband and be all needy and begging-like. Honestly, I am not quite sure if I have ever been sick like this. To top it all off, it went through the whole family. So there I am: feverish, weary, weak, ...and holding 2 boys of the same condition,...with one baby reaching for me. I am in my bathrobe, freezing, then sweating, freezing, kids crying, ....DEPRESSED. So hard to live this way. Fortuneately, I can see the light at the end of the tunnel now- BARELY. I can get up out of bed. I can focus a little better on the sickies that feel the need to be under foot. They all want to be held. Me you ask? Thanks. Well, I am at about 60%, I am not fainting anymore at least, my cough is just starting to be a little more productive and a little less super tight and painful, ...sometimes chicken soup sounds good. Thank goodness Eric finally decided that I wasn't fakin' it. He started being nice as he was running the whole show. Moms are NOT supposed to get sick and ...I usually don't. Except for now. Feel sorry for me, please. It's the only pleasure I have right now. This was not supposed to be how my summer starts. No...not sick and rainy/gloomy outside. At this point it becomes really hard for me to say, "it could always be worse". My next post will be a little more upbeat, I hope.

8 comments:

meg said...

Poor you!! I am so sad that you are sick! It's also 10 times worse to be the mom and sick. I wish I could be more helpful... I'll pray for you!!

Tessa and Jeff said...

I'm so sorry you've been sick. It's always hard to remember what it was like to feel well. I have been battling the seasonal allergies and that's not as bad as yours. This stupid wind makes everything worse!! Hopefully you'll get better fast so you can enjoy the summer... is it summer??? It feels more like fall!

Elise said...

Ok I obviously did not get HOW BAD you were actually sick. You explained it to me on the phone, but I didn't get it I guess. So sorry about all of that. It is the pits to be sick and have to take care of others too. How miserable. I think I get it now. I am glad that you are starting to see the light and hopefully you won't get sick for a veeeerrrrry long time!

Christie said...

Ugh, ugh, and more ugh. That is just wrong for JUNE! Feel better. Wish I was there. I'd come get those boys of yours and let you sleep.

Jacqueline said...

Get better Becky. So sad you are sick. I think when Mom's are sick automatically a nanny, chef and maid should show up on your doorstep.

Jaimee said...

Geez...if I would of seen this sooner or even been in Logan well I was but I didn't know this what happening but now I'm not but your probably better by now anyway well I would hope anyway! I would of helped out anyway I could I know what it's like being sick and having kids rely on you it's rough! I hope your better now!!!

Tiffany said...

Sorry to hear you are sick! Take it easy (as much as possible) and feel better soon! :)

Heather said...

Have you ever read Shel Silverstein's "sick"? "'I cannot go to school today,' said little Peggy Ann McKay. I have the measles and the mumps, a gash a rash and purple bumps. . ." It is a good one and I think your plight ranks right up there. I am sorry that we all have to get sick. I really think moms shouldn't have to deal with that.