The boys are back to school. We have had such a fun summer together and tried to pack in as many fun activities as we could. Here is a skeleton list, in no particular order, of what we did the last couple of months:
planted a garden, t-ball/baseball season, BYU swim and soccer camps, dinosaur museum, SLC Children's museum, swimming lessons, hanging out at the gym pool with good friends, taking care of the baby girl, playing in the backyard, lots of family visits, Bear Lake trip, wake boarding/boating/tubing, CA beach trip, rode bikes, visited family/play with cousins, swim meet, Willow Park Zoo, Stokes Nature Center, hiking, scouts, played with friends, long long long slip n' slide (250 feet down a huge hill on a farm...), had friends visit from far away/BBQ in the backyard/s'mores, piano lessons, sun, sun and sun. And of course lots of chores in the lazy summer mornings. Camden is literally seeing some of the fruits of his labor as he has diligently watered his strawberry plants everyday. He has also nurtured the zucchini, rhubarb, peas, tomatoes, radishes, lettuce, carrots, and cabbage. We really made some good memories this summer- and took Eric with us whenever we could. He and I even got a Deer Valley get-away. What more could one ask for?
I am now grieving over the days gone by but just for a few minutes. Because, I'm happy for my kids to have started a fresh new year. New teachers, new notebooks, new pencils and supplies, (old clothes because they all still fit and ...it's polo shirts and khakis for the dress code), and just a brand new start all the way around. Today they came home from school a little hot but with big smiles. That is so good. I'm trying to take it all in. Each year. Each moment. I'm trying to take the advice of older moms who keep saying, "it goes by so fast...enjoy it all!" Being "in the moment" is so cliche, but when one truly practices it, it seems to keep getting easier. Like a learned skill. I'd better master it quick- because remember? No regrets. 

Wednesday, August 18, 2010
Makin' Memories One Summer at a Time
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
We start school on Monday which might explain getting choked up while I read your post! You do a great job in being in pictures. There are some beautiful moments with the kids; with you. Sweet.
Is that a record player you're pointing to?????
Love the pictures. Your kids are so cute. So happy you survived the summer.
I'm hanging by that knot on the end of my rope. :)
But you know I'll be complaining about homework and making lunches when school starts so don't mind me.
It's crazy how time flies. I wish we could have visited more. The beach looks like it was a blast! It's been FOREVER since I've been to the beach. Since you guys lived in San Diego!
We miss you guys. Your kids are adorable. And your such a great mom! Live in the moment ;)
I agree! Gotta just try to take it all in. Summer was crazy, but I am already missing them and they haven't even started school yet--tomorrow. They have all been my little pals all summer long.
Looks and sounds like a great summer packed w/so many fun activities! Loved the photos...your youngest in pjs w/his older brothers looking all spiffy in their uniforms is really cute. Our youngest boy is always in the 1st day pics like that too. Baby Annie is so cute and you look great and happy!
Post a Comment