It's trying so hard to become Spring around here in these parts. No luck yet, but I haven't lost hope. We all have been looking forward to Spring Break- it's such a fun time of year with pastel colors all around us and green popping up through the ground. It is one of my favorite times of the year. My birthday falls around this time, Easter, Spring, and General Conference where we get to hear what our church leaders have to say. So here's to a happy Spring Break for our little (but big?) family!
What is April without kickin' it off with some April Fool's gags. Here is a "dessert" pie for dinner. Turkey meatloaf with blue mashed potatoes. It's funny how the blue totally makes it so unappetizing. We all ate it but I had to throw away the rest of the mashed potatoes even though they were really good. The blue just ruined it. In the background you will see a glass of "apple juice" that really was apple cider vinegar. I got Landon good.
In the morning I pulled a 7th grade gag on Ethan. I did the whole wet-my-hand-pretend-I-sneezed move. "A-A-A....CHOO!!!" And I flung water on his sweet little 6 year old face as he was trying to get ready for school. He had the most confused look on his face. It was a mixture of trying to be respectful to his mother mixed with totally grossed out. I got a great belly laugh out of that one, then gave him a big kiss on his big chubby cheek. I hope he never grows out of those cheeks of his.
Here is my attempt to frost a box. I was in such a hurry to get it done, the frosting was way too runny...
And so I ended up with this. I had to put it out on the deck in the frosty weather to keep the frosting on. Again, I tricked 'em good. Poor Bronson was so disappointed. He kept saying, "but I really want some of that cake!" I had to lift up the box to show him it was all hollow underneath. Of course I baked them a real treat that I brought out after that. That would have been sad had I not had something else. I am mean, but that would have been down right despicable!
Ok, here is poor Landon, all thirsty after a long swim practice. I was SO hoping he would know before he took a swig. I think he caught himself just in time. He told me he thought there was sprite in it at first. I get Sprite and vinegar mixed up ALL the time. :) Love that boy...he was such a good sport!
Smart to run to the sink.
Here is my lovely blue pie...I stuck a plastic fly in it just for Camden.
But,...he wasn't tricked so easily. Nice try though.
Saturday morning we got up and went to a fun Easter Egg Hunt and breakfast at a neighbor's house. It was so fun for all the kids and the adults alike. Analise really was wishin' for some chocolate, but she had to settle for a taste of mashed banana. She didn't love it.
The kids are excited to pull on their boots (yep, it snowed the night before) and go find Easter Eggs in the snow. 500 eggs were lovingly hidden for them.
Go Camden!
Search Ethan!
Find the Golden Eggs Bronson!
She's still looking for some chocolate with those big eyes...no luck. She just looks around trying to grab things. Her reaction time is awesome. I think we may drop her one of these days- the way she moves so fast to grab things that appear within her reach. She is like a small animal. A cat maybe, ready to pounce!
Maybe Bronson is trying to explain to Analise about the Easter Bunny. Whatever he is saying, she is taking it all in. Her chubby arms are to die for- they are so cute I could cry.
When Analise woke up, she was so excited to see her new Easter basket. Or, was that me? Ok, it was me. How I love her new Easter basket. I am going to PINK her out until she has a choice.
Happy Easter. Some chocolate and some "Bendaroos". What a lame name for a toy. I found them at WalMart and thought, "Hey, that looks like it could be a little source for creativity and even keep them quiet during General Conference." Little did I know that "Bendaroos" are a hot item only because the marketing people knew just how to make them look magical on TV. The boys: "AWESOME! BENDAROOS!" So, they were a hit, along with the chocolate.
The boys did a great job during General Conference. The 2 older boys even took some notes in their journal. General Conference is worldwide conference for the LDS church that happens every 6 months. It was the 180th conference of our church. Instead of going to church we get to stay home in comfy clothes and listen to the messages that our leaders prepare for us. I enjoyed it so much yesterday and today. To have it happen on Easter Sunday was even more special. I guess I know I am getting old when I am hanging on every word, listening intently, taking notes and sad when it's over. I love how I am inspired to improve as a mother and as a follower of Christ. I sat there and thought, "Even someone who doesn't belong to our church would love these messages."
And you see? The "Bendaroos" fulfilled their purpose perfectly. It gives Camden a very intellectual look. He was my most creative "Bendaroo" guy this morning. I wouldn't have thought it, but the glasses were only 1 of about 10 awesome creations. What a fun day. And now we move on to Spring Break. We have plans to spend time in Salt Lake next week. Everyone needs a break now and then... and that includes me. Would LOVE some sun with that, please?
Sunday, April 4, 2010
Is Spring Here Yet?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
I love it! You have always got the best ideas for April Fool's Day! I think next year I should remember that and give you a call beforehand. Jeff got me a couple times... crasins shoved in the tooth paste, and he switched my shampoo and conditioner!...I went to go squeeze the tooth paste and was like "sick, there's something in the tooth paste!"...then I realized...all I could think of... turning our roast bluish green! The gravy turned out a really nasty green color! Jeff said "it's amazing how much we 'eat' with our eyes, cause that looks nasty!" Needless to say we ate it right up! YUMMY! I do have one more joke still sitting around in the house, he hasn't found it yet!! We'll see if he ever does.
We're excited to see you guys this week! Yes, please bring some SUN!
Snow on easter is just plain wrong. Are you sure you don't want to move here? It was 90 last week.
You are such a good mom! Sounds like a great week with lots of cool surprises. Poor Analise and the chocolate. I would have snuck a little taste for you, little baby. . . if only I lived closer :)
Happy that your Easter was fun, despite that pesky snow! Annie is sure cute with those big blue eyes!
ok, i have to remember your blog post for next year's april fools. you rock! keep those ideas comin girl. in fact, a few days before april fools next year, post this reminder just for us to get the ideas flowing! seriously.
Reading this just made me smile! You seem so happy and content. Your daughter (finally!) is so beautiful! I love those little seats! They didn't have them when Tyler and Landon were babies, eh? Speaking of which...who is older? Tyler turns 12 on Wednesday 4/14! Still love ya!
Love the pics of the Easter Egg hunt in the show. Growing up in Utah I am very familiar with it being cold and on occasion there being snow still on the ground.
Love the pic of you and your little girlie girl!! She is so adorable!!
Hopefully spring comes your way soon!!
Post a Comment