Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Soccer Time

It's soccer time again. "Hooray!" AND "oh no!" Landon, Camden and Ethan are all playing again this year. It's usually fine unless: there are 2 games on one night, at the same time, at different locations, and it's cold and raining. We made it work but here I sit out of energy. I should go to bed, but what happens as soon as I go to bed? I wake up and start over. So for now I am going to journal a few things that I feel thankful for today. I feel thankful for a healthy family, and that I feel healthy. No one is in pain, no one was hurt today- except for a smashed finger and bruised shin,...oh and a bump on the forehead. I am thankful that I have a good working body to get me through my days. I am thankful for my baby- such a joy to have her- she was warm and toasty at the soccer game and fell asleep. I am thankful Eric came home from work and took one boy to his game, thankful I had dinner ready, thankful I picked a few weeds today, thankful that my boys told me they loved me. I am also thankful for friends who don't judge me and who just let me be me. I have good friends. Oh yeah, and I am thankful that I bought our ski passes for next year. (they go on sale the year before)... Guess who gets to ski Winter 2011? Me!

7 comments:

Shari said...

I usually have that same feeling at the end of the day too....that discouraging feeling that in a matter of hours it will start all over again.

But, good for you for taking the time to look at the blessings amongst the crazies!

Jaimee said...

Love this post, helps me realize how important it is to stop and notice the things in life your thankful for and are so blessed with. In such a hectic busy world it seems really hard but it's so important! YAY for ski passes! I just actually might attempt to learn how to ski next year since now my whole family goes and loves it I guess I should at least try to learn :) We should go together!!

Kim said...

Did you go private? I love your blog. Can I have an invite?

Jacqueline said...

Such cute pictures on your blog Becky. You do such a great job with it! I lover reading about and seeing your family!

meg said...

You are a good example of thankfulness. I need to write down my gratitude list more often.

Why did the title of my sidebar say "Thinking about going private" but that wasn't the post? I'm confused. Are you really thinking about going private? Would love to discuss...

Becky said...

I have thoughts about it, and I deleted my post cuz i said some rude things- just had to rant for a minute. But see, ...if I were private I wouldn't have to worry about what I say. Also, I don't have time to add everyone's address, etc. NO TIME.

Chelle said...

I am just starting to get that panicky feeling about summer (we're only a month away, ya know) - do I fill it up with activities and exhaust all of us to the point that the girls get way too overstimulated or do we go low key and drive each other bonkers? It has to be one extreme or the other, because there doesn't seem that a true "in between" exists (or that I've been able to find anyway). I'm out of energy too, but somehow, like you, we figure out how to make it work. Good luck working it all out! And hopefully you can find a minute or two of downtime in that crazy schedule for yourself.

Now I've got to take a minute and remember what I'm thankful for too. That always helps put things in better focus :)