I am not an overly sentimental person. I realized this morning, to my utter dismay, that the center diamond of my wedding ring was missing! Just 5 or 6 ugly dirty gold prongs sticking up with nothing inside. I think I am more bothered by the monetary value of the diamond then the fact that it was THE ring that Eric put on my finger when we were married 14 years ago. It was just this morning that I found Annie's tiny bracelet that was missing. I HATE when things go missing- there is just something in the back of my head that isn't right until I find the thing that is missing. So, when I found that tiny bracelet, I was happy. Until...I noticed the diamond. Uggg...the DIAMOND. Where does a person start looking for a 1/2 carat diamond? No where. It's gone. And I think I am at the stage with so much going on, and letting all control go out the window, where I just say, "ok, that's life". I told Eric who took it like a man- he was ok. He didn't even consider the idea that I might have lost it on purpose in hopes for a new one. I am not caught up in THE diamond, THE ring- the symbol of our love and trust. If I were, I'd be crying my eyes out, and because it is a thing (and although an expensive "thing"), I am ok, no tears. After all, we are still married,...I just don't have a ring on my finger.
I did take the rare opportunity to snap a couple of shots of Eric holding Analise next to his grandmother- her great grandmother. Now THAT means a lot to me- who knows how long we'll be able to get those kinds of pictures. That means more to me than a ring on my finger. These pictures are priceless- no amount of money can be put on that.
On the other hand, I DO think diamonds are beautiful, ....and we WILL be married for 15 whole years next year...which is only about 11 1/2 months away- I don't think there is anything wrong with celebrating a little early. Besides, my tastes HAVE changed a little in wedding rings, ...and I am SURE Eric will want me to have one on my hand, right?!?!?!
Wednesday, March 31, 2010
Great Grandma
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
Those pictures are priceless! How adorable.
Loved the little plug for a new ring at the end. :)
Work it girl.
ok, i'm so glad you came to your senses at the end there. i was beginning to think i was really shallow.
eric will produce. i have faith in him. and i guarantee we'll all be blown away.
gosh i love you guys.
Ohhhh bummer about the diamond! Awesome about those pictures--his grandma is so cute (Analise looks adorable, of course). And, DEFINITELY about the new ring. You deserve it.
I lost my original diamond about a year into our marriage. Josh lost his whole ring about a year after that. And here we sit 16 years later anyway. :-)
I think you are a due for a big, fat upgrade. Go for broke, sista!
OH NO!! It's always a fear of mine that I will look down at my ring and the diamond will be gone!! YIKES.. I'm sure Eric would love to buy you a new one.
I love those pictures! Grandma's personality shines out in that second picture. I can only imagine what she was saying! I sure love that lady!!
Thanks again for making the trip down for McCoy's blessing! We love having you guys come down. Now we can't wait for next week! McCoy's excited to play with Annie!
how nerve-racking to see the diamond missing--but way to be industrious in finding a solution--A NEW DIAMOND! It just has to be done. Can't wait to hear what you're thinking--round, princess cut, platinum, gold...
I must admit diamond shopping isn't something I've thought much about lately--there is some GORGEOUS STUFF out there these days...
Hey Becky! Such a cute blog you have here! William lost his ring a couple months ago, and while we were in the still looking for it mode (never found it) Wills came to me and holding back tears asked if we were still going to able to be married if we didn't find the ring. good to see you again!
Post a Comment