Friday, October 23, 2009

Yes? No. Yes? Maybe,...well no. No, but maybe Yes.

Um, you would think after having a few kids that one would know if they were in labor. It's still confusing. I have been having contractions all night long, kind of uncomfortable, but bearable. I got up at 3:00 am and cleaned and organized the rest of the house, all the while feeling the uncomfortable contractions, fairly regularly apart. So, I cleaned faster and faster. Finally, not knowing what to do (and because they weren't happening faster or longer or stronger), I sent Eric to work- he has a full schedule today, so it's good that he went.

And, mabye these contractions were just what I needed to finish my "nesting". I am officially done. There were some big projects like finishing painting Landon's room (he moved to his own room to make space for Bronson to join the gang downstairs), the setting up of the nursery which didn't turn out to be as simple as I intended. Why with me trying to paint the crib white, and it looking like an elementary school project, I had to buy a new one. I did keep the changing table that I also painted, and it too looks a little interesting, but I refuse to get another changing table. We have worked little by little on every single room in the house- and it kept me so busy week after week! We finally have furniture throughout, and all rooms can now be well used.

But, at 3:00 this morning, the loose ends that needed tying were SO clear to me as the contractions kept on! The kitchen wasn't clean, Eric's office was a disaster (we moved his old desk down to Landon's room and were in the middle of going through files/papers to organize the new one), the guest room had crafts, paint supplies, and wrapping paper everywhere, the laundry needed switching, the boys' bathroom wasn't clean, etc. etc. So I got up and have never worked so fast in my life. And for just a moment, I am enjoying a home where everything is organized, tidy and orderly. The boys are upstairs coughing away with the tail end of the Swine Flu, home again from school- you know, since I'm still confused about whether I am in labor, I think homemade pancakes are just what they need right now. In between contractions. Here comes another. Stay tuned!

6 comments:

Jaimee said...

Well must of been labor contractions!!! Your in the hospital, YAY :) Can't wait to hear she's here and your both healthy! O so much joy coming from my heart for you and Eric right now, it's girl time!!!! You get to have girl night out's w/your daughter some day - how divine....

Kelly said...

Becky,

I am so very excited for you!!! I pray everything goes well & all are healthy. :) :) I am so excited for the new little sister to join all the big brudders!!!
Be Well Sister,

KE

Natalie said...

Yay! We're so excited for you to have this little girl! We'll be checking back to see the great news! Good luck!

DBarr said...

Becky...your amazing! I was tired and a little uncomfortable reading your post. Oh...so glad baby girl is here...ecxited for you!

Shari said...

Total crack up. Were you dilated to like 8 when you got in??? Sheesh.

Congratulations on that new daughter. So happy for you.

Kim said...

This post sounds just like my labors. Oh, its so exciting!