Yep, he did it again. Just like last year when he fell off the sled. This time? Ice skating. But after the fall, he popped right back up, rubbed his head and kept skating. Finally someone said, "um...where is your mom or dad?" He said, "I'm fine." Then the person said, "no, ...you are bleeding, let me help you find your mom or dad." Blood was everywhere.
I was sad to see it. Deep deep gash- lots of stitches. Thankful that Eric could take care of it. We drove him to the office, left our other kids in friends' care and he got several stitches, both internal and surface ones. Then back to the rink we went to finish out the night. He got the skates back on and skated for another hour. I love Camden. His sweet little face almost makes me cry. Why do these kids have to pull on the heart strings like they do? No more accidents. No more!
Saturday, August 15, 2009
OUCH!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
Your boys are so handsome I can't stand it. What a brave boy! Bloody wounds make for great stories though, I love that he went back and finished ice skating.
And I just read your Poop Bomb story...so classic and unbelievable and amazing and funny and disgusting. I am glad you wrote it down!
Camden is the only boy I know who would get back on the skates after just having gotten stitches! That cracks me up. What a trooper.
What is it about boys? Brandt too just had stitches a month ago due to a superman like jump from a bed and colliding with a opening bathroom door. Not good, but lucky for an ER doctor in the ward who helped us out. Phew.
that's no small gash! what a cutie Camden is all stoic and back on the ice with his little bloody sweatshirt from his battle wounds--no ice will get the best of that little guy!
I love those little "walkers" on the ice--what a great idea! I coulda maybe used those when I went myself...hello spastic freak!
Bekz,
funny that you commented on my blog while I was still uploading photos--I probably screwed up and hit 'update blog" or whatever but there's a million more photos now...luckily the video games lasted only about an hour on Sunday when we wouldn't let them go to the beach. Jackson's vice is much more computer game oriented. He even likes that dumb "Fred" that's on youtube that his chucklehead friends introduced him to.
we were listening to the radio in the car the other day and Ellison yelled: "Turn it up mom! This song is on your friend Becky's blog!" So apparently Ellison gets on the computer right after me and surfs my favorites which have all my friends' blogs on them. She particularly loves yours because she remembers the boys. Funny, no? I can't remember which song it was but I had to laugh at that little girl.
My brother was just like Cam when he was young - he was always the one that got hurt. He ended up breaking almost every bone on the right side of his body. I'm not sure why it was always the right side. Maybe you could try some bubblewrap? We like Cam! Please ask him to be careful!
Also, I've been wondering and wondering if you ever bought that dresser for the entry. Did you, did you?
Post a Comment