Sunday, August 9, 2009

Logan River Trail




This evening we took a family walk up in the canyon. The weather is beautiful right now, about 72 and sunny. I love family walks, especially if we have really pretty surroundings. The trail follows the Logan River- you can hear it rushing by as you walk. It kinda makes you want to be "one with nature", whatever that might mean. But, I do know this: it makes my boys want to camp, ...and catch our own fish, ....and whittle wood,... and find edible plants,...and dig a hole for a toilet. Maybe that is being "one with nature". In my view, that is going too far. But, boys will be boys, won't they?

5 comments:

meg said...

You live in a truly beautiful place. I'm glad you get out and take advantage of it!

I still can't think of my perfect vacation. I think it'll involve a little older kids. No crying babies for sure!

Christie said...

Looks absolutely stunning. I would be out there in it, too, if I were you. Just not digging toilets and what not.

Jacqueline said...

I've decided to Boycott your blog. Makes me miss home too much. Though I never did the camping thing. Just hikes through Logan canyon was great for me!

Elise said...

That looks soooo appealing. How fun! And you look great in that picture!

Elise said...

And I really like Landon's hair!