I woke up sunny Saturday morning (not knowing it was the official first day of summer) and decided we needed to play in water, somewhere. So, we decided on Bear Lake which is about an hour from here through Logan Canyon. It's a beautiful drive! There were many people along the way that were kayaking and tubing in the canyon river. It seemed like everyone was celebrating the summer feeling. We (excuse me, ...I) packed our lunches and got towels, sand toys, swim trunks, rash guards, flip flops, umbrella and chairs and when Eric got home from work in the morning we jumped in the car and headed up to Bear Lake.
Before leaving, I called a friend who has a rental business there. She gave me all the ins and outs of the lake so I knew just what I was doing and where we were going (thanks Jaimee!). We rented a jet ski and Eric and I took turns taking the boys out in the water. It was the most powerful jet ski I have ever been on and the kids had a blast. Bronson even got a little ride. The water felt great and was quite glassy in many areas. And it's really such a beautiful lake...it looks torquoise because...(let's see if I can get this right, ...the calcium carbonate minerals in the water reflect the blue of the sky. Yeah, I think that sounds good.) We swam in the lake and played in the sand from about 1:00 until about 8:30 pm. The boys still wouldn't have wanted to leave. Later in the afternoon 2 of our neighborhood friends showed up (one of which owns the business). We had such a great time visiting with them. They pulled one of their boats out in the water took us out in it. Eric even had the chance to wake board and the boys got to tube behind the boat. Later in the evening we had pizza and soda (thanks again Jaimee and Brian!!!). It was one of those perfect family days. I mean, there are awesome family days with your typical melt downs and things that don't go quite right, and then there are those ideal family outings that can't be beat. We had one of those, complete with a shake for the drive home from a place in Bear Lake that is famous for their shakes. YUM. I sure do enjoy hanging out with our little family and it was only a bonus to have some friends there to visit with. Sure do enjoy your company, friends! Can't wait to continue to get to know you better as the years go on. Here's to the lazy summer days!
Sunday, June 22, 2008
Bear Lake Day
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



13 comments:
One of my good friends (who lived down here in Taylor, Texas - now lives in Alaska) is from the Bear Lake area (generations back) so her dream is partly mine, someday she's going to own a "lake home" there and we are going to visit yearly! I hope ya'll have many more wonderful family days just like this and YOU NEED TO LET THE BOYS TAKE SOME PICTURES OF YOU! Your profile picture looks great.
Those pictures bring back so many wonderful memories. Glad you got to experience the greatness of Bear Lake. Looooooovvvvvvve it! Now you need to by a boat and a wave runner! A house on the lake would be nice too! Looks like you had an amazing and beautiful day!
Looks like so much fun!! Miss you and can't wait to see you in a week or so!! Love you!
It is the best to have such perfect days isn't it! You are very welcome it was our pleasure and I am so glad we had time to hang out in such a fun and casual setting other than "church"!!! It was a lot of fun and I hope we can do it again and again! You guys are welcome to hang anytime!!! btw I love your kids they are the BEST! Good job mama... well daddy too I guess ;)
Looks like too much fun! I won't even show this post to Anth--he always gets jealous of your family's activities! We definitely have the same taste in FUN! Nat
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun! Sounds like you guys had a great time. Couldn't help but notice the definition in your right arm (muscles)! :)
Lisie,
regarding the "definition", ...again it's another optical allusion. Not kidding.
Come on, give yourself a little credit girlfriend! You've been pumping some serious iron! :)
I was cracking up at you HIDING behind your boys on the jet-ski. I can just hear you saying to Eric "Now let me get BEHIND them--WAIT, WAIT--not yet, not yet!!!!"
I did totally notice your buff bicep. You always did get well-defined biceps. I remember working out with you with dumbells on our biceps at that nasty gym in the mall by HEB. Rememba?
Karen, you know me too well. But, I have to say,...where would you have been in the picture? Smack in front of all the little ones???
You just wait, girlfriend,...after 20 more pounds, I will plant my thin but in front of eveyone. No more hiding.
Looks like we are living the same life - several hours apart. Isn't summer in UT the best?
Becky-I would totally recommend webkinz. call me and I'll fill ya in on them! It's one thing I don't mind my kids playing online. Brigham and Elle are REALLY loving their webkinz!
That day looks picture perfect! Can't wait to see you guys when you visit. I really miss you, Eric and the boys!
Post a Comment