Sunday, June 1, 2008

Peruvian Adventures




So happy to have Eric home from Peru! He went to help with some spine surgery cases there and to help the one spine surgeon in the country learn some new techniques. There are plenty of humanitarian service opportunities for sure. In my book, one of the things we could teach them would be, DON'T EAT GUINEA PIG! It was a good experience for him, the boys and I missed him...he is happy to be home. America: Home sweet home.

12 comments:

Elise said...

Amazing opportunity! I love the pictures, although #2 is my least favorite (yuck! Eric looks good though!)
I bet you are so glad to have him back. Nice job Eric!

Jacqueline said...

So Cool Eric! What a great experience to go and to help. And also good on you, GWB (No, not George W. Bush, but GREAT WIFE BECKY, for holding down the fort!

Christie said...

Yes, I think you should make a humanitarian trip next and teach them what to cook. That guinea pig looks disgusting!

Lacy said...

What an awesome opportunity! He sure looks happy in these pics!! He always has seemed so serious to me, it is good to see him with such big smiles! So you must tell how was the guinea pig, did he really eat it?

Becky said...

Nope, he did NOT eat the guinea pig. I am so glad!

Natalie said...

Glad to know I'm not the only one wondering if he ate that guinea pig!! He looked happy and so willing to serve. What a great experience. Once again Anthony is wishing Eric and him could go on a man-cation together sometime. These boys seem to have similar taste in adventure. Glad Eric is home safe and sound.Natalie

Natalie said...

B- I am so new to this blogging thing, I'm surprised someone asked me a question! But when I am writing my "new post" I click on "add picture" and can only download 5 pics at a time. After those 5 pics are "done" it throws me back to my "new post". There is where I just click on "add picture" again. Does that make sense? Let me know if it works. Natalie

Tessa and Jeff said...

I'm so glad Eric is home too! We were worried b/c of the political stuff for a minute. I'll have to get first hand stories from him. Thanks for calling me today, I really needed it:) what are sisters for I guess? I'm so lucky to have you! Love you, see you soon!

Natalie said...

B-How lame are we for checking our blogs so much?? I guess that's part of the novelty, huh? I really enjoy keeping in touch with people and checking out what they are up to! Okay, your second question stumped me. I have been wondering the same. I don't like how all my stuff is in a narrow column. Do you know how to create an on-going slide show of personal pics off to the side? I think you have to use photobucket (which I have no idea what that is). I am trying to keep pics of my quilts that I have made and thought it might be cute to just display them on a mini slide show. Hmmm...things to learn.
Have a good night, Nat

Rachel Mai said...

JEALOUS! I know we'll be in Colombia soon enough--but Machu Pichu and other parts of Peru are on my 'before I die' list.

What an amazing way to teach your boys about service.

Jaimee said...

That sounds like an amazing opportunity! Glad he's home safe...Peru sounds like a really cool place to go and the reason's he went are so unique and special I am with my sister on that one it's an awesome way to be a great example to them!!!

karen said...

Wha? Didn't even know he had this on the docket. not like you and I consult daily on eachother's husbands' schedules, but geez, what a cool "day at the office" that must have been, eh? Did you wish you coulda gone with him? I'd be having M sign up for some charity work in the Virgin Islands or Hawaii STAT, so I could go with him. Going to Temple next week for radiology reunion--so excited! It will be VERY odd not knowing that you're over there on Tyler Drive, kinda depressing, honestly.