Ok,...that last post was too pathetic. Enough of feeling sorry for sick me. Moving on.
Yesterday amist our sick trials, Camden (who convinced me he was all better) and Landon started their cool camp out at this little gem of a place in the valley. Landon's 4-day camp is based on the book, The Dangerous Book for Boys . They have lots of exploring and animal holding and creek crossing and gold panning. Camden's is a farm camp where they get to ride horses, collect eggs, milk cows and play in the barn. I have been very impressed. Here are a couple of pictures of their first day. Camden couldn't contain his excitement, what with his lunch packed and everything...he was set to go. Today, though, Camden had to stay home from his second day of camp...his cough started up again. Poor thing. That is life though and there ain't nuttin I can do about it. They gave all the boys in Camden's camp overalls to wear all week. All the girls got skirts and aprons.
And here is kind of an interesting comparison. Last year Landon attended Jr. Lifeguard Camp at Del Mar Beach (San Diego). He went from beach to farm all in a year. All good experiences, I think.
Tuesday, June 10, 2008
Discovering Stuff
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



10 comments:
Hey Lady! are you feeling any better?!!! Being a sick mom always stinks, and add the sick kids. Wham!!! I hope you are feeling better.
I loved the pics of the boys and the picture of Eric in Peru on the top near the mountain, I have a picture of my dad in I swear the same place. Only there were there climbing mountains not teaching people about spine surgery. VERY cool that Eric got to do that.
Tomorrow I hope you feel better!
Yep, Karie, I think you do absolutely recognize those ruins. It's Machu Picchu. I think it's now one of the 7 (8) great wonders of the world. He was pretty lucky to get to go there after doing his humanitarian stuff. Feeling a little better now...(cough). Thanks!
I can't believe how busy you are on top of being sick. That sounds just like Cam. Whenever I've seen him sick he always says, "No, I feel fine." Like the time when we all got the stomach flu... "I don't feel so good..." barf!! "I feel better, can I please go to school tommorrow!?" What cute boys. I miss you guys and can't wait to see you. Have so much fun in Cali, and enjoy some fun in the sun... you WILL be better by then so that you may enjoy the rest with your parents. Love you!
So sorry you guys have been sick, yuck, I so know what that's like! I think we went to that place(where your boys are going to camp) when visiting the inlaws last summer in Logan. Isn't it called American West Heritage Ctr? I thought it was so interesting to see how the pioneers used to live literally by the sweat of their brow.
Hope everyone gets well soon.
Little Bronsie all truckin along like a champ! Cute.
Very fun camps -- from the beach to the farm, from California to Idaho... our kids will definitely have a variety of experiences. Either looks like great fun!
Way fun pics and great memories their making I love it! I also love seeing pics of Landon..I miss teaching him he was such a special spirit but I know I'll get too again at the end of the year so it makes it a little easier!
So Cache Valley is rubbing off on our Landon, huh? Beach bum to farmer...what a difference a year makes. :)
You are such a good mommy!!!
I did some square dancing in the barn in one of those pictures! I also did a volunteer "clean up" after one of the events they had out there...miss the Valley a lot.
I get more sick/depressed by being sick...never a good thing. I wish I ever had zero appetite. Hope you all start feeling like enjoying the "summer".
I miss those boys- they are so precious.
Post a Comment