Saturday, May 17, 2008

Usable Spaces


We are enjoying the most BEAUTIFUL day today. I had no idea it could ever be so warm here! I just couldn't picture it. My boys have been having a water gun fight for hours with neighborhood pals, Eric has been up on a ladder all day washing windows, and I have washed all the screens and hung them, finally. We haven't needed them all winter, but now it's time to open the windows (without worrying about bugs joining us for dinner). The very best part of my day has been putting together our new deck furniture. Let me tell you, friends, we got a deal on this set! I love a good bargain- it makes it even that much more enjoyable. To top it off, the store gave us $100 gift card for buying it. Nice, right?

So, this is how I see the rest of the afternoon/evening going. Finish working, dinner, baths, clean up and prepare for Sunday,...and sit with Eric on the deck that we haven't been able to enjoy yet, eating a sugar-free popsicle. Ahhh...now, THAT'S what I'M talkin' bout.

10 comments:

meg said...

Becky! It looks delightful! Can I come over? (good taste on the furniture)

Jacqueline said...

Absolutely gorgeous patio furniture. That's so nice you could put it in your living room. Looooooooovvvvvvvvveee It!

Elise said...

Oooooooooh, so inviting. I just want to lay there and stare at the beautiful scenery and then take a nice nap. I love it!

Jacqueline said...

Becky, I just saw Camden's cake in the other post. Way neat -- did you make that? Mason wants to know if he is really eating WORMS?!

karen said...

Bekz,
That outdoor patio if divine. Just when you're getting ready to enjoy the outside, we're getting ready to be sweltering and NOT enjoying the outside anymore. SO SAD.
Hey I wanted to comment on Cam's cake--did you make that? What were those little stringy things? That cake looked awesome. Way to expound on an idea! I bet Cam loved it.

And yes, I'm starting my own vigilante service, similar, but not to be confused with "Dog, the Bounty Hunter" if you need any of your stolen contraband tracked down and returned to you. Free of charge, because we're friends.

Becky said...

Thanks, "Dog", ...I will call on you to track em down for me. For any of you wondering,...see Karen's blog for some adventure reading.

To answer the cake questions: It was really difficult. I saw a bunt cake at Sam's, then,...I bought it. Then, ...I went to Hobby Lobby and found army men, ....then I had Camden place them "just so". Then we ate part of it with g-ma and g-pa, then I remembered I that I hate store bought baked goods. Then,...I threw the rest away. Easy enough?

Tessa and Jeff said...

I LOVE IT!!! This looks like so much fun. My mom also showed me the pictures of you guys on that "roller coaster" stuff. She said that you were screamin and so Bronson was also screaming! That looked like fun! I MISS you guys too. I'm working on the camera thing.. we have yet to get one. WE have been way busy with school and work and house stuff. We planted a garden and also put a fire pit in the backyard. It's so fun. Boy do I have stories for you. I'll call you soon. Love you guys!

Christie said...

That is a BEAUTIFUL set! I love it. Looks like the perfect place to cuddle up with a good book and a snack. I'll be right over.

Jessie said...

We FINALLY got some warm, beautiful weather this past weekend too! Our wimpy NW bodies were in shock when the mercury hit 94 (major heat wave)! Love the deck setup...all we have so far on ours is a bench...it's soooo nice to just enjoy the outdoors on a nice night!

Rachel Mai said...

Gorgeous furniture. I can't wait to be settled, whatever that means. Summers in Logan are absolutely perfect. Of course, we have to endure six months of cold to enjoy it!