

Again, another blog about a birthday boy. Where do I start with Camden, our little new six year old? He is pretty great. He is really turning out to be so fun and loving. When this boy was born almost four years after Landon, I was ready for more up-all-nights and hours of crying, colicky spells. I was sure that this was how babies all worked. Well, I was in for a happy surprise. He joined us here on earth, was put in the baby warmer and never made a peep. This little dimple-cheeked baby was so calm and like a baby bear just snuggled into your shoulder. Anyone could hold Camden and feel like a winner because Camden was so easy. Because Landon was a little bit older when this #2 came along we really got to enjoy the baby stage again. Landon was also old enough to enjoy him. I could tell Landon to go play for a minute while I went to rock Camden. I held him and rocked him to my heart's content and he was an excellent sleeper.
Camden is now quite tall for his age, is missing a front tooth, plays soccer, has asked for a skateboard for his birthday, loves building Legos, playing video games, being with his dad, and figuring out ways to look like a "teenager". He still has a dimple to die for, and is one of our very best helpers at home. Ask him to set the table, put away clothes, or quickly clean the playroom, and his on task (most of the time). We are very thankful for this little handsome person in our home. Happy Birthday Camden, boy! We are so lucky to have you.
Monday, May 12, 2008
In Honor of Camden Tate- The Big Six
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



13 comments:
He does have a dimple to die for! Happy Birthday Camden!!
I'd love to comment about your darling boy, but I'm too busy drooling over your shirtless husband and his six-pack as he mows the lawn in that picture. Excellent eye-candy. Thank you for sharing.
Oh, and happy birthday to Camden, too.
He's adorable - always has been. We hope he has a GREAT birthday!
Christie, ...you know I thought twice about posting that picture- wasn't sure what people would think and then I thought, I DON'T CARE. Every friend of mine already knows that Eric has and always has had a great 6 pack. Every friend also knows that Eric doesn't go walking around without a shirt often, but mowing the lawn in the summer in Texas also makes you not care what people think of you. (I bet Josh has a good set of abs too, after the gymnastics years- that's what did it for Eric.)
But, ...it's truly just one of my most favorite pictures of Camden I can think of. He was trying so hard to keep up with his little lawn mower! So, ...if you think I am showing off my husbands great body,...go ahead and think it. I love how you can say what you want on a blog. Love it, love it, love it. Hey, maybe someday I will have a nice figure to match my husband's. :)
Ha, ha, I noticed Eric's abs too! Way to go Becky!!!
Camden is such a handsome boy, just like both of his parents! I feel confident that he and Dustin would be runninig buddies if they lived near each other. Where does time go!
That birthday cake rocks!
HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY CAMDEN! You are lucky to have such a cool Mom!
i love the tandem mowing pic... where in the world did you find the mini mower? too cute!
Karie,
I would have given quite a lot for Dustin and Cam to grow up together. He is such a creative boy and knowing how you are raising him makes me even more sad that they couldn't. Maybe we can send them to EFY togther? BYU roommates??? :)
I can't believe he is six. I remember Leslie and I came to visit you in Texas right after I got home from my mission. I think Cam was only a month or so old. I love that innocent, determined face as he is trying to keep up with his daddy while mowing the lawn. He has always been a determined one--wanting to do what the "older" boys are doing. . . sometimes before he is physically ready. Although, he has surprised me a time or two with how capable he actually was, given his age!
Happy Birthday Camden! Love you!
Happiest birthday to Camden! We sure miss you guys. Hope Utah is treating you well. Let's plan a time to get together sometime!
Post away, sista. That is what this is for. And you should NEVER second guess yourself when posting hot pictures of your husband. You've got bragging rights!
Hey,
I love every single picture in this blog and i especially like the song Bleeding love from Leona Lewis!
My family and I are coming 2 UT on 6/24 and leaving on 7/15 so I hope i see you guys!!! I love you and miss you and i wish I could talk all day,
but its time 4 dinner so,
See y'all later bye,
One of the TX Hooleys,
Kennedy age 10 ( almost 11)
Post a Comment