I found myself last night, as Mothers' Day was coming to a close still trying to get everything out of it that I could, "here, Eric...pull me up off the couch,...cuz...it's Mothers' Day." As we were climbing into bed Eric said, "Did you check the baby?" I hadn't. So, I said, "Can you??, ...cuz it's still Mothers' Day." To the very end, I was callin' him on it. He was very cooperative and humored me to the very end. You mothers all know why I was doing that, right? You know what is going to happen...Monday will come and everyone leaves for work and school and I am left with a weekend's worth of mess in the house. And...no more royal treatment. Not that I am looking for royal treatment or anything. Ok, maybe sometimes.
I love Mothers' Day. Overall, it was a very simple day. Eric let me sleep in until 9, I got some nice gifts such as this Willow Tree figure that I love called "Mother and Son" (very fitting).
I also received these CD's which come very highly recommended by me:

I got an awesome homemade plate from Camden. I have always wanted a child to give me one of these.
And I can't forget the cute cards. The one from Landon is priceless. He put words to each of the letters of my name. "Best, Example, Combination of love and labor, Kidding around for fun, Young and Youthful, Hugging, Optimistic, Obtaining, Loving, Entertaining, and of course,...Yearly working. How can one top that...even if they're not all true???
Before we left for church Eric had potatoes and chicken ready to be baked and he set the timer on the oven to come on while at church. So, no cooking for me. I really took advantage too, I read a magazine while the busy boys set the table and got things ready. I took the day off, somewhat. You know, not totally, cuz...that's not happenin' but I took a good portion off. Thanks boys for the mucho relaxation today. I love my boys and I love being a mother. It's not a bad gig- just make sure you catch me on a good day and I will tell you all about how much I love it. :)
Monday, May 12, 2008
Is Mothers' Day over already?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Sounds like you had a very nice Mother's Day! I also milked it for all it was worth. I thought about making it a Mother's Day "weekend" like I do for my birthdays, but I didn't want to press my luck. I did make my own Mother's Day dinner, but I was able to talk Jason into a family walk and into giving me a back rub. Ahhh, a perfect ending to a very nice day (I would have said perfect day, but I made my own dinner remember?)
I love Landon's card and Camden's plate! You will have those to look back on when they are married off and out of the house and never come to visit anymore! (just kidding):)
Happy Mother's Day! Sounds like you had a great one! I, too, milked it - only changed ONE diaper! You're a great mom - you deserved the celebration of you.
Oh, and my mom has one of those plates. It says, "Hoppy Mather's day" It's our most favorite!!
Amen sister!!!!! I'm glad you had a relaxing day
Post a Comment