Ok, I will give it a try. Let's see if I can come up with 100 things about myself. What do you know about me? What do I know about me??? What DON'T you want to know about me? Here I go:
1. I am big.
No,... start over.
1. My blonde hair is turning more brown- my highlights do NOT last as long- and I love getting my hair cut!
2. I do not like when people tap me to get my attention (my boys are the main ones that do that). Totally bugs me.
3. I love garlic bread with parmesan cheese!
4. I sometimes think I have adult A.D.D. For example: I cannot stay interested in movies unless they have to do with relationships of some kind. Furthermore, I fall asleep during every movie I try to watch. Just ask anyone who tries to watch one with me.
5. I am a rule keeper. When I don't want to keep the rule, I try hard anyhow.
6. Getting better at running, thanks to my neighbor. We ran 4 miles this morning until the big hill which I cannot run up.
7. Broke off our engagement the first time after only a month. Wanted to be sure. Lucky for me, I didn't let him slip away and I learned a ton during that time of life, hard as it was.
8. It gives me chills when people scratch denim-like fabric with their nails and I cannot figure out why.
9. I love to watch American Idol and Oprah (when she has something good to say)
10. I love to read but find I am lacking time to do so. My goal: to be in bed by 9:30 to read my scriptures and then an uplifting book. No trashy romance novels, no desire.
11. I have very pale, dry, blotchy, sensitive skin and I passed it on to my oldest son and possibly my youngest.
12. I am a journal writer, but have slowed down in the recent past due to 4 additions to our family. I am finishing my 15th journal which I started in 2002. I now write on Sundays. I have always felt very strongly about the fact that if I don't write about my day, it's gone forever and I won't remember it. My mom helped us start journals when we were very young. She said I needed to include who, what, when, where, why and how. Journal writing improves your writing skills.
13. I love music and a good rhythm. I am not a "dancer", but you could NOT PAY me to do anything else when there was a dance to go to in my college years. There is a freedom that comes with dancing that I can't find elsewhere. Now, when we run into a dance floor, Eric KNOWS what will happen. And he does. FOR ME.
14. I drive a mini van and LOVE it (even though I couldn't make it up the hill to my house 2 times this winter).
15. I like to talk and relate with people. I find our similarities and BOND.
16. I am looking forward to a trip with Eric, anywhere. Just as soon as I can leave my sweet boys. Torn.
17. I tend to cut people off while they are talking cuz I am so excited to interject. I hate when I do that!
18. I love to listen to Eric play the piano. He never has the time but found some just the other night.
19. I have ALWAYS pictured myself having and raising a girl but have found myself with 4 awesome boys and it's ok.
20. There are many many things that I could be really really good at. You know, "master of none".
21. Am a dental hygienist and went into the right field for many reasons. It was meant to be as I was sure the "D" in organic chemistry would prevent my acceptance into a program.
22. Getting better at popping right out of bed at 5:15 am for my 5:30 work out instead of hitting snooze several times. When someone is waiting outside for you,...snooze is not an option.
23. Give me a cookie and I am happy. A donut will also do. But...then I am mad at myself for eating it. Don't give me one afterall.
24. Swimming is a very enjoyable activity. When I fit into a suit again, I will remember that. We swam the days away growing up. Diving on the other hand is not fun- and my ears can't handle the pressure changes. Wouldn't be good at scuba.
25. Newborn babies make me cry.
26. We don't have a pet, and my boys would love one. I wouldn't. I say I don't like pets but just watch the tears flow if I witness an animal getting hurt.
27. I am a "blankie" person. I had one, my boys all have one, ...A HEM...and mom you KNOW what is coming. My mom threw my "blankie" away in my older years.
28. I'm not a good decision maker unless I am only given 2-3 choices. Any more than that, forget it.
29. If I think long enough about something, I can come to a concrete conclusion. I have to think long and hard about it though.
30. I am the middle girl of 3.
31. I am a room mom and have planned 4 class parties this year.
32. I would like to go to the temple more. Temple and dinner...perfect date.
33. When I was 5, I wanted a drum set and asked Santa for one. Didn't get it.
34. I have never tried alcohol or cigarettes.
35. I would never bungee jump or jump from an airplane but love roller coasters!
36. I am a cautious person, very careful, a little bit of a scaredy-cat, I guess you could say
37. Loud noises really hurt my ears- I have sensitive ears. If the baby cries in the car I have to plug the ear closest to him.
38. If you ask me to do something, it will be done right.
39. Seeing people have a good time makes me happy.
40. Double dutch jump roping, Chinese jump rope, ...I was good.
41. I have learned a lot about myself as a friend by having roommates in college and by keeping good friends during my mothering years. Yep, have learned both good and bad about myself and trying to improve.
42. One time my dad drove away in our yellow station wagon before I had closed the tailgate door. I fell out.
43. I have never broken a bone.
44. I don't dream on a regular basis, but I like when I do. Eric says I snore but I don't believe him.
45. Hiking and camping are things that I am finding I enjoy.
46. When I was little, I wanted dresses that "twirled"
47. When I was young, boys made me nervous.
48. Sometimes I forget to be grateful for all the things that I have and for all the people I love
49. Mad at myself for quitting piano
50. Mosquitos don't like me as much as my husband
51. Weight loss is constantly on my mind so I talk about it a lot. I want to be really really really thin. I just do.
52. I will be going to Womens' Conference at BYU next year and would love you to join me.
53. I nursed each of my babies for a long time-
54. Don't like taking medication and give very little to my kids
55. I think I am smart in a more practical way unlike Eric who knows a lot about a lot.
56. I have to work very hard at not raising my voice
57. I have 2 peircings in one ear and 3 in the other and wish I wouldn't have done that.
58. Paying tithing has always been easy for me
59. The beach is my happy place, but I will let the mountains be home.
60. My 2 boys get out of school on Friday. I am excited for no routine- just lazy summer days.
61. I love reading to my kids and do so on a regular basis. I love the library and the smell of books.
62. Playing school was one of my favorite things to do. I LOVE to write on the chalkboard...oh how I loved when teachers would ask me to write things down for them.
63. I have to stop myself from straightening pictures in other people's houses.
64. S'mores are SO good.
65. I had my tonsils out after I graduated from high school and it hurt really bad! My mom gave me a bell to call her and then got really sick of the bell.
66. I am a fainter. One time I almost fainted while giving a talk for seminary graduation. It also almost happened when my mom was cutting my hair. It DID happen on a field trip to the local hospital in 4th grade (as we were learning some breathing tecniques in the respitory therapy area, ironically). The room was a hot with standing room only. Oh yes, ...it also almost happened at BYU when I was waiting in line for tickets, ...oh yes and while I was giving blood. See? I am a fainter.
67. I have a fear of choking. I do NOT let my children have hard candy. "choker candy"
68. I turn red pretty easily- especially when I am caught off guard.
69. Love spending time with family, parents, in-laws, sisters, nieces, nephews, just hanging out and talking and playing games. I love games (when I don't have a baby buggin')
70. I have snow skiied 3 times in my life and would like to do it again next year at least once.
71. Boating/water skiing also interests me. I have never gotten up on one ski. I love the water!
72. Trying out for cheerleading was one of the hardest things I have ever done- running out in front of all those people, making a fool of myself, yelling my lungs out. THREE years in a row. So hard. I guess I wanted it bad enough. I think I actually did learn a few things even though I have always thought of it as a waste.
73. Nutrition classes interest me in a big way.
74. I have to try hard to be interested in politics. They make no sense and I never know who to trust. Never. Just smooth talkers, many of them.
75. I could be good at interior decorating- would love to learn more
76. I am in love
77. Sam's Club makes me feel like I am saving and stocking up
78. Good at baking
79. I can be tough to get along with at times and then again very easy. Depends how humble I am at the time I suppose.
80. Never was interested in playing sports in front of people, but I loved whiffle ball games in the street, I loved my BYU tennis class, I love to swim, etc. But, the truth is: I really shy away from competition.
81. When I feel strongly about something, I will tell someone exactly what is on my mind. I can be blunt. I can also feel like I am always right. That is not right, right???
82. I am sensitive to others feelings
83. I love to shop, with or without money and don't get to do it enough. I love walking among people and things, lights and action. I like to be out on the town, in with the crowds. And ...sometimes I don't.
84. When I sneeze, I sneeze 3 times.
85. I am working on getting my food storage in order- wouldn't that stink to have to ask your neighbor for food (for a big family) in the case of a disaster? We just had shelves built in a storage area for this purpose. I love order. Eric loves it more.
86. I am a faithful person and believe my prayers will be answered.
87. Marriage is hard at times but so fun- he is my best friend and I miss him when he is at work. The evenings are too short.
88. I sing to the baby every night while rocking him. I want to do that for as long as I can. "I am A Child of God", "Your Baby Blue Eyes", "Nite Nite, Sleep Tight", in that order.
89. I have GREAT neighbors in our new neighborhood- I feel so lucky. Need 2 eggs? Got it. Need some sugar? Got it. Need to talk? They are there.
90. Drawing or painting classes interest me
91. Laughing is fun and I can get going in the late night hours. (Especially with sisters)
92. This morning I wanted to lay back in bed and watch it rain after running in it.
93. I am pretty good at Smash Ball. I bought my first set with my own money when I was 12.
94. I plan our dinner menu ahead of time, then shop for all the ingredients. We go out to eat less that way and have less "whatever nights".
95. Grateful to be married to someone who is accepting of mac n cheese now and then
96. I don't have to pick up after my husband- he picks up after me
97. Long drives and road trips are nice
98. We dance a lot in our family- just turn on the itunes and dance around!...the boys love it
99. I have slept through the night once in the last 15 months
100. My happiness comes from my family relationships, my beliefs in a truth about what this life is about, from knowing I have a Heavenly Father and a Savior,...and from remembering to be grateful.
There, ...I did it. I liked that more than I thought I would. It was more for me than you, but if it brings us closer together, my dear friends, then it was all worth it now wasn't it? I will be looking for your lists. I want to read them. It only took me 4 hours. Just kidding. 3 1/2. Kidding again. Not very long at all.
Wednesday, May 21, 2008
An Introspective 100 List- all. about. ME.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



11 comments:
Wow! That took me 4 hours just to scroll down so I could make a comment. I really enjoyed that, actually. I was a little intimidated at first by its length, but when I dove right in I found myself wanting more and more-like a good book. One that stuck out to me was #37. That made me laugh because I can just picture Bronson with his ear piercing scream lately. . . like when we are on the phone. Then I imagine you plugging one ear and cringing.
Dang, I miss you, friend. We didn't get a long enough time, you and me. I think we are kindred spirits. Except the roller coaster thing. I don't do those.
I am so impressed! I LOVED your list! What a great idea! I don't think that I could do that. Good stuff.
So many things in common, wow, and so many things I can learn from you! Thanks for your example. By the way will you come straighten some pictures at my house? No matter what I do they don't hang straight. . .grrrr. I'll get my list out there, eventually, after I finish my classes. I had so much fun reading yours.
Let me help you, Heather. A little of that wall sticky tape will do the trick. :)
My husband HATES to be tapped...to get his attention. I had never known anyone like that.
Becky, I've always been impressed with your many good qualities and talents (even though sometimes you didn't think you had any). You seem like such an on-the-ball mom! I'm so glad we've managed to stay in touch all these years!! I'd love you join you at Women's Conference next year...if it worked out.
Very great list! You are not big, I am bigger. So there. I win! You forgot to put that you are beautiful, a wonderful friend and an extremely thoughtful person with a great listening ear.
I have the big 3-0 birthday coming up and I may just have to sit down and write 100 things about myself. It is a good idea, thanks!
That was sweet! can't promise I'll have one of those on my immediate horizon--I need to post too many things (like the fact that 3 of my 4 kids had birthdays recently and I haven't even bothered to post cute photos yet) first. But I loved reading yours! I can't believe how many things I learned about you that I thought I knew already--how did I not know you were a cheerleader? And the sensitive to noise thing made me laugh--you know you're getting a set of those ear-splitting Pottery Barn metal dishes that my kids have that shatter glass they are so dang noisy (they're playing with them right now downstairs and I'm like SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!) Dang.
remind me to never tap you on the shoulder during relief society. :) Can I cat-call you instead?
Post a Comment