Wednesday, May 28, 2008

The Hard Knock Life of a Murderer

Age 4, Ethan: "Life just keeps getting harder and harder".
Me: "What? What do you mean?"
Ethan: "Yep, I dropped my burrito, it hit my pants and rolled onto the ground."
Me: "You're right, life is pretty tough."

The other night at a very fun get together with friends, Ethan decided to show up in a cow-print cowboy vest (lookin' a little like "Woody"). Someone said to him, "Are you a cow?" To which he quickly responded, "No, I am a murderer."

The next day, as he was putting on his vest, he said, "I don't want anyone to think I am a cow." I said, "oh yeah, by the way, it's not nice to say you are a murderer. That isn't good. That is someone who kills."

He said, "I AM a murderer. I said that, but I am a GOOD murderer!"

(Oh, NOW I see.)

But, wait,...here is what is really making me laugh. Ethan's face. It is even making Ethan laugh...double chin, squinty smile...CRACKIN' ME UP!

4 comments:

Jacqueline said...

I'm certainly glad he is a good murderer. I hope he is around me when I need some protecting!

Elise said...

Ok, everyone MUST click to enlarge that picture so you can see Ethan's face! Soooooo funny!

Rachel Mai said...

Is it okay that somedays I feel like being a bad murderer??? :)

At least Ethan had the good sense to insert the adjective good.

meg said...

Kids really do say the darnedest things! Where did he get that??