Eric and I celebrated our 12th anniversary yesterday. We spent the weekend at his parents house, we celebrated his dad's birthday, and hung out with the siblings. We figured that a little get-away would be fun and that our kids would enjoy playing with their cousins. That they did. It was a fun weekend for the most part, setting aside the bits of arguing and bouts of silent treatment that we did over our anniversary dinner Saturday night. I dislike when he and I are "outta sorts". It's unsettling, it's not fun, it makes my stomach feel like it's all in knots, and life isn't right when that happens. Now that things are all back to normal, I am dedicating a post to him. He's the one that takes good care of us and makes sure he provides well. He deserves a few nice things said about him after 12 years of pure bliss. (Little bit sarcasm, little bit not).
12 things I enjoy about him:
1. He is handsome
2. He is dedicated to our family and loves our boys
3. He is a hard worker
4. He is smart
5. He lives faithfully according to the truths that we know
6. He tries to stay healthy with eating right and exercise
7. He doesn't crave attention (like I do)
8. He is not selfish
9. He finds ways to make my life easier
10.He picks up after himself and is very organized
11.He always smells good
12.He loves me
Happy anniversary, Eric! I love you and I love being married to you. Bring on the next 12!
Monday, March 17, 2008
Twelve years, both long and short
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
Ummmmm. . . looks like I forgot allllllll about your anniversary. SO sorry about that! Sounds like you had a good time (despite the Saturday night dinner silence--I too hate that, and you're right--it just doesn't feel right). I love that picture of you both on the. . . . . . . what is that? It's a good one!
What a sweet post! We like Eric too and great picture. Thank for talking me off my ledge yesterday, but no promises that I won't call again asking AGAIN how you do it!
Happy anniversary! I love the fight and silent treatment. Now I know you are REALLY still in love.
Ours is today. We're celebrating with me home with the kids and him out of town. Romantic, no?
Congratulations! The pictures of your boys turned out adorable!!! I can't believe how big they are! You have a beautiful family.
Congratulations! I'm glad you and Eric have a normal relationship! It's inspiring.
Post a Comment