Thursday, March 13, 2008

Shots and Kiddie Kandids

What kind of mother schedules a child to go get a shot and then schedules a photo shoot right afterward for two others? I did. It caused a bit of stress for me but everything worked out in the end. Getting out the door this morning with everyone looking dapper was a challenge.

Landon was due for the second part of the Hepatitis A vaccine. He's pretty good about it, now that he's a little older. Actually he was happy to go get a shot in order to miss some of his morning at school. Once in the doctor's office, as he was hesitantly walking over to the nurse to get the shot, I said: "Don't worry, you're fine...it's just going to feel a little like a small gunshot wound. It's ok!" He gave a sheepish smile, "Mom!" We went back to school with proof of finally completing all of the required Utah immunizations. I dropped him off and carried his very large cello for him into his classroom. We snuck quietly into the room, so as not to disturb the ongoing lesson. Then BAM! Landon dropped something into the metal trashcan, and I tripped on a chair as I was putting the cello in the corner. All the kids' heads swung around to look at us. Landon said, "oops." And I couldn't help but laugh out loud with an, "Ex-ca- USE us!...Sorry...!" As I left, he looked at me and we just laughed again. He is so fun.

Then off to Kiddie Kandids with my 2 February birthday boys. Bronson was giving the girl a big run for her money with his somber looks and zero happiness. His look was borderline scared as she kept sticking that big rainbow duster in his eyes and face. I had to step in with the interesting Hooley Humor (you know the kind that usually doesn't leave the walls of your own home), since that rainbow duster wasn't cuttin' it. Now that Ethan is 4 it's getting trickier to get him to smile. I guess my kids just don't giggle at the typical,..."ahhhh....BOO!", kind of thing. We finally got a good smile or two out of him. Here are the fruits of our labor.




5 comments:

Christie said...

I mean it - let's set ONE of those handsome boys up with my daughter in about 15 years or so. They are HANDSOME!

Elise said...

Yes, very handsome!! Love the color coordination too. Sharp dressers!

meg said...

They are adorable! You definately know how to dress boys. I could learn a thing or two from you.

karen said...

I'm cracking up at your "step away from the rainbow duster and let me handle it, ma'am". Throw some sharp Bekz humor their way and they were grinning like cheshire cats. You are always so great about getting your boyz photoz taken right when they have their birthdays. They're darling, and I love Bron's preppy vest. Tennis, anyone?

Amber said...

Those turned our darling?

I am still reeling over my daughter's school pictures that were scheduled the morning after Halloween. Can you say SUGAR HANGOVER??!!!