It's positively depressing. Apparently I am not trying hard enough. It's, I guess, just not enough to think about what I am eating, how many points I am eating, figuring out every last crumb of what I put into my mouth, and making weight loss my sole focus every minute of every day. It's not enough. I am down in the dumps after last night's weigh in! Half a pound lost. HALF. A. POUND.
Conversation between me and my guy:
Making Becky feel better: TAKE ONE!
Him: "Well, how did it go?"
Me: (All long-faced), "Not great. Half-a-pound."
(Sympathetic hug, my face buried in his shoulder)
Me: "I don't get it. I don't understand. Why does it have to be so hard?"
Him: "Well, Beck, if it were easy, ...everyone would be thin!"
Me: "Yeah, good point."
Making Becky feel better: TAKE TWO!
As we are getting into bed...
Me: "I still don't think it's fair that I have to try so hard."
Him: "Your body is just really efficient." (meaning: your body is so good at it's total function that there is minimal energy used, thus, minimal calories burned.)
Me: "Yeah, I guess so."
Eric: "You would have made a great pioneer."
Becky: (soft chuckle)...
That is definitely NOT a common one-liner...you know, one of those overused phrases to make your woman feel on top of the world. He makes me smile. Pioneer huh? Ok. He clearly isn't trying hard to make me feel fabulous, ...but that simple suggestion is somehow nice. I love that guy.
Ok, back on track. When I finish this "pioneer trek" in, oh like, 5 years or so, ...will you guys send me all kinds of prizes?
Thursday, March 13, 2008
Pioneer Woman Slow
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
Right there with ya. Sucks. Nothing good about the slowness of it all. Blech.
Yes, that is definitely what us "Harder" girls are cut out for--pioneer women. We would have made great pioneers, and somehow I feel like taking a bit of pride in that. That was a good one, Eric!
Keep it up. I have a feeling that my weigh-in won't be that great either. I am trying really hard too!
I can just hear you talking to Eric with this post. Very expressive. Miss Bekz.
That is hilarious. My aunt once told my mom that she hardy was pioneer stock because she could just have her babies and then go out and plow the fields. Referring to the fact that she raised all her kids away from family and had little help. My mom wasn't exactly sure how to take it. So we joke about that every now and then and my mom will tell me, "Heather, just go plow those fields."
If it is any consolation to you, I just read in my Health and Aging textbook that those with lower metabolisms generally live longer. . .ok maybe not helping. . . sorry you are struggling.
This is funny Becky! I will certainly be on a list to send you a prize or something! In the mean time... keep steady on the "trek"
Kelly E.
If I lived up there I'd buy you a new outfit...yet a small prize will work too.
Post a Comment