Thursday, March 6, 2008

Like the Turtle


Slow and steady wins the race, right? Please tell me that it's true since I am now officially the turtle. I have lost a whopping 5.2 pounds. It's extremely hard to get excited about this- but, I won't be giving up any time soon. At this rate though, I won't quite be making my July goal. I need to pick up the pace just a tad,...I think I can do it. In fact, I know I can. I have done this 3 times before after babies- it just seems to be getting harder year after year.

So, when I went to the Weight Watchers meeting last night it was a little bit of a "downer" listening to the leader, a thin lady, talk about when she went out to eat. She said she knows just how much dressing to drizzle on her salad and about how many points this is and that is. YUCK. All I was thinking was, "Dang, when I reach my goal, I will let myself go out to eat now and then and NOT pay attention to points!" Counting points forever? No. Balancing better and using moderation? Yes. Letting yourself go now and then and eating dessert? Yes. Do I want dessert now? YES!!! Can I have it? NOPE!

Here are my goals for this week:

1. Eat more veggies
2. Drink more water
3. Go to bed early and a little hungry
4. Make a daily eating plan- think beforehand

I have just started a new week- my goal is to go back next week with at least 2 more pounds gone. Here I go...baby steps to the finish line, slow turtle.

7 comments:

Elise said...

Yup, slow and steady. Just imagine a few months from now saying that you have lost 15 pounds (give or take)! I mean, that's a lot of weight, but without the perseverance, you would be stuck at the same weight, or worse. . . GAINED!!!

Rachel Mai said...

Slow and steady is totally the best. You are doing a fabulous job! Stay the course.

Christie said...

I feel your pain. Sometimes when I realize that I will have to work at this my whole life, it makes me so depressed that I eat an entire box of cookies. It just sucks to have to work so hard for so little, no?

I finally went out and hired me a personal trainer. He's been coming to my house once a week for two months. It's been such SLOOOWW progress, but every little baby step is a step forward. Let's keep telling ourselves that.

BTW, you have always looked great. Stop being so hard on yourself. M'kay?

Karie said...

Too bad there are no emoticons to post on the comment section. So since there aren't, just imagine me jumping up and down with cheer leader pom poms chearing you on! You go girl!

karen said...

LOVE love love the music that comes on with your blog...I have no idea how to do that stuff. Oh, and I can't open any of your blog links--you might want to check it out...keep up the slow steady pace-it's the one and only healthy way to lose weight. I'm rooting for you all the way.

Elise said...

I can't open any of your blog links either. I love the long "No Air" that you have on your playlist so I stole it and put it on mine too :) Shhhhanks!

Amber said...

My life is allll about slow and steady! I just recommited to a diet this week but also enrolled in a boot camp next week that will surely kick me into gear (and my rear!)