Thursday, February 7, 2008

Yep, I'm Handy.


Am I the only one very intimidated by large spaces of wall? Not that I have any money to decorate, but I finally got brave and went with a safe, everybody-needs-one-kind-of-decoration, a clock. Here is what I am proud of though. I hung that thing myself. Picture it: It's over an 8 foot door, ...Tall, shaky sliding, ladder. Tall, shaky, chubby, mom, ...climbing up the shaky ladder,...with a heavy 40" clock, and some dry wall screws. One, almost 4 year old boy, watching saying, "Mom, are you going to fall and die?" "Shhh, Ethan,...hush! Of course not, I know exactly what I am doing." (Silent prayer),... more of the shaking ladder, and WAH-LA!!! My first decoration! So, we are on the 10-year decor plan. I'll post my next piece of art next year. I know Eric was impressed with my skill and expertise, but couldn't admit it cuz he knows I'm SO...han-day!

4 comments:

Christie said...

Hee, hee. I love a good handy woman. Our husbands are so lucky to have us! My kids came home from school one day last fall to find me hanging out the window painting the shutters (I couldn't get them off the front of the house, so I just hung out the window and painted them). Chase ran in, got the phone, and dialed 9-1- and was waiting for me to fall to my death before he dialed the other 1. Luckily for us both I didn't.

Your block looks awesome!

BROKEN said...

It doesn't look like it is centered. haha

Becky said...

Be quiet, Handy Man!!

Lacy said...

I am so glad you found me! Your page is really cute! How come I can't get to Tessa's page from yours though? I keep bugging Alissa and Michelle to do one. Anyways I love the clock and you did an awesome job. However, if you become too handy Eric might think you have everything under control.
I heard and saw the pictures from the Wii experience, the one with grandma in her glasses bowling is too cute!
Keep in Touch!