The snow just keeps on coming! Check out the piles of snow shoveled off to the side of our walks. I try to ease Eric's shoveling burden when I can. He is usually out at 5:30 am or so with a manual shovel. I thought he would cave to the pressure and buy a snow blower or a 4-wheeler for pushing this stuff around, but he's good like that. You can easily break a sweat shoveling even when the temperature is near zero, believe it or not.
Where there is no work, there is no play. I make the kids do their share of shoveling now and then. Of course, it's harder that way for me, but we are supposed to teach them the value of work, right? (I liken it to milking the cows or bailing the hay.)
Now it's time for them to play! If you look close you can see a pile of cute little children looking all marshmellowy in their snow gear. I love seeing all the different colors of coats out there against the white snow. The kids in the neighborhood are having a blast finding new sledding runs and making snow forts. If I didn't have Baby Bronsie at home I would suit up and join them! (But no jumps, please.) I have pleasantly surprised myself here. I have paced myself very well in the cold. The winter has zoomed by-- and I am a lucky girl... no seasonal depression! (On the other hand, though, you MAY find me in my pink bathrobe thrown over my clothes- all. day. long.) Yeah, it's cold.
Thursday, February 7, 2008
You want snow?-Shorty, I can take you there!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
I cannot believe how much snow you guys have gotten! We have nothing right now and I am not complaining. I hate the shoveling. Your kids look so happy out in it though!
It looks absolutly beautiful! Isn't Utah, etc. in a drought? All that snow is quite a blessing!
Everytime I look at all the snow on your blog, or at least the snowy pictures on your blog, I have to ask myself if I am ready for snow again. I have actually wondered how you were liking all the shoveling that goes along with it. I tell myself that I miss it, and that winter really is better white, but it is really nice to go outside to 70 degree weather in January and February and play a little basketball.
Yep, we really do need the water- so...when all this starts to melt, LOOK OUT!
The pictures make me long for 4 seasons!!!
Post a Comment