Monday, February 25, 2008

I Wanna be a BIG LOSER.

Yes, you read that right. I do. I am on the weight loss train, baby! Someone I know posts weight loss blogs from time to time. At first, I thought, "huh? why would you want everyone to know your weight?" But it's actually been very effective for her. She posts her goals, her weight loss, and her deadlines and apparently it's working. I am not brave enough to post my current weight but I WILL say that I have lost my first official 2 pounds last week. Weight Watchers will be my method (combined with a few other things that I will share with you later providing they work for me...) of choice and my motivation for a while.

What I will shoot for this week:
1. Stay within my points
2. Don't eat after 7:30 (Oprah's standard)
3. Get to the gym T, W, and Th at 5:30am
4. Drink a lot of water
5. Eat a salad a day

Good goals. Let's see how I do. By next Sunday my skirt (yep, I just have one, maybe two, to choose from) should be less tight. Look out- can't stop me now!!! I am mentally on the train. In fact, I will be into that Lands End swimsuit-with-a-skirt by summer (soft chuckle). Looking forward to re-introducing myself to my old clothes that will all seem so brand-spankin' new! Keep posted for my progress- better yet, JOIN ME!

9 comments:

meg said...

You are brave! I'm not going to wish you good luck because you don't need it. Enjoy your new/old clothes!

Anonymous said...

You go girl!!!! I know you CAN do it!!! I'm so excited for you, call me wen you have a chance.
Kalita Ulrich

Becky said...

Hi Kalita,

What is your e-mail address???? I will call you soon.

Christie said...

Way to go, friend! I admire your gutso and will hope to learn by watching you. Good job!

Lacy said...

I think I like sweets way to much to jump on the train. You know Grandma Miners theory that you have to have a sweet after every meal? Anyways I am doing much better on working out so I will have to start there!

Unknown said...

There's a lady in my ward that's lost 20lbs with weight watchers (points) since January, Oprah also believes if anything taste that good you should only take 3 bites and you go with the 5:30am gym rush...I'd jump on, but being pregnant (for the last time, my body isn't made for this baby stuff) I will do my best to just eat better. Best wishes, remember = blessings come to those who chew their food 20 times, just kidding. M

Karie said...

I have no doubt you will achieve your goal!!!!

Funny story, there is a gal in our ward who lost 50 lbs. by hoola hooping. Seriously! It's a long story, but a very interesting one. Basically she had to loose weight in order to live in Korea with her military husband, tried several things but due to some serious limitations the only physical activity for cardio that she was able to do was hoola hooping. So she promised herself that if she was going to watch TV she had to be doing something, so she hoola'd while she watched TV.

Hers seems like a hard route, so I'm thinking that your plan will totally be successful!!!

Rachel Mai said...

Yay, I love that someone else in the ward is a serious as I am right now. I only have two skirts that fit me, seriously!

I'm cheering for you. Honk on your way to the gym if you need some encouragement. *wink* Just don't run me over--it's totally dark in the mornings still. :)

I LOVE your blog already!!!!

karen said...

I knew you were gonna go C.R.A.Z.Y and pop into that psycho mental "let's lose some weight" with me. I've lost a little of my initial psycho obsession (or let's just call it motivation to sound better) but let's face it, I have to obsess about everything I put in my mouth or I don't realize what I'm eating all day...GOOD LUCK MY FRIEND! I know you have it in you--we've done it before and we'll do it again!