Happy first birthday, Boo! Reading that, I think,...who nick-names their kid "Boo"? It kinda sounds funny when I think too hard about it. Actually I have a couple of friends with little "Boo's" of their own. But our "Boo" first orginated as we started calling him "Bronson-Boo", which shortened to "Bronsie-Boo", which of course lead to plain ol' "Boo". However you look at it, it's just the perfect name for him because when I look at his big, blue eyes, I think, "Boo". I look at his cute little mouth when he puckers his lips and whistles (true story), and I think, "Boo". I look at his little chubby feet and hands and "Boo" enters my mind. I can't help it- it's just the way it is.
This is our San Diego baby, born in La Jolla, CA, the most beautiful place on earth (or one of them). He had sand in his ears earlier than any one of my boys as he was packed to the beach as a newborn over and over. I juggled him with all the beach gear while shouting instructions to the other 3 boys as we made our way to our place on the sand. Right after his birth we observed a seemingly very calm baby. But, that didn't last long- he NEVER let me forget he was around and it's a good thing as I just may have. Most mornings in San Diego, I packed this baby in the baby backpack that I strapped to my chest and pushed a double stroller filled with Ethan and Cam on my morning walks in an effort to get some exercise. I had to know just how to walk/bounce so he would fall asleep during those walks. This is the baby I also had to bounce ( while working up a sweat) as I was on the phone with the realtor or builder so many mornings last year as we were preparing for our new home. He made me work, and strategize through dinner preparations, and even call friends, crying for help. (Remember Christie?)
To sum it up, this baby wanted attention. He would have been perfectly content had I held him 24 hours a day. Since then, life has eased up a little. . I can put him in the playroom with his brothers and he is totally content hanging out with the big boys. Bronson is showing a really funny personality--it's like he already gets what it means to be silly. He understands my little jokes and knows when to laugh by the way he listens to my voice and reads my eyes. It never fails to amaze me when I watch the fast pace in which a baby learns and grows. To watch him try to walk- each step so calculated and unsure, his toes curled and gripping the floor. Every part of it is awesome. He is getting old enough that I can feel some freedom, but he's still little enough that I can hold him and rock him. It's perfect. I love this age. I love this baby. He has no clue that it's his birthday, won't understand the wrapped presents, may not eat the cake, but Happy Birthday anyway, our little Boo.
Friday, February 15, 2008
Bronson Keller- (AKA "Boo") is already ONE?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
All I remember was being so happy to get to sit in a chair and hold a new baby. Have a few more and call me, I'll still come.
He is ADORABLE. I cannot believe it has been a year. I miss those fun days in San Diego a lot. Especially because it's so cold here. He really is a doll though. Happy birthday to the fullest head of hair I've ever seen on a baby. Just a beautiful post.
We have a Boo too. Brandtly Boo, has been a favorite of ours, unfortunately he has kind of outgrown it. Are Ethan and Bronson twins or what?
Post a Comment