Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Priceless


Great Grandma Donna Miner (Eric's grandma) is holding Bronson. I always feel lucky when I get a shot like this. She is a crack up- always funny, but never really trying to be. She is the "tell-it-like-it-is" grandma who used to make me nervous about what she might think of me. One time, years ago, I shaved Eric's hair into a buzz cut. She said, "Well, what did you go and do that for?" Eric: "well,..." Grandma: "Do you want to be ugly???" We just smiled. What can you say? She is great.

5 comments:

Christie said...

I want to be one of those grandmas! The kind that swears and says what she wants, and people are like, "Well, that's grandma!" That's my goal.

Elise said...

I just had to laugh out loud at that story! Especially because you are standing right there and you are the one that cut his hair. How awkward, but so hilarious! Bronson looks like such a big boy in that picture--even since I came to visit! Yikes! He'll be one next month! So cute.

Anonymous said...

Sister! I have had a grandma or 3 like this one. I think it is awesome. I love you blog site. Allan told me he was going to set one up. He told me that on it, I could do what I do best... talk! So... stay tuned. I love getting the updates about you and your family. Hey, we have you beat on the stitches thing... 3! 2 on wild Kris and one for Josh... Like you and 4 boys... we and the 4 will most assuredly be in for more stitches visits!

Kelly E. Temple, Tx

Hooley Family said...

Yes Grandma miner is a hoot. We have not seen her in a long time; however some of the best times with her is listening to her tell it like it is to family members. Never a dull moment when everyone is together.

The Collingwood Family said...

Hey, your boys are cute, too! Good job on the weight loss!
love,
Michalann