This living room is no longer empty, we have filled it with the best Christmas present I could ever want! The finish is superb!- a non-shiny (satin) black finish whose cabinet reminds me of an old fashioned piano, complete with 2 little gold key holes.
Oh, how I have always wanted to play the piano. But, ask me at age 6 and I would have told you otherwise. I was like "Guy Smiley" on Sesame Street- banging my head on the piano, shouting, "I'll never do it...never, never, never!" Can you blame my mom for not being able to stand it another minute? So, I quit.
Someday I will take piano lessons again- when I have a little more "me" time. But, for now Landon will be the one taking lessons once again after skipping lessons in San Diego last year. (The price of lessons was ridiculous!) So, I have found a great teacher here in North Logan and he starts Tuesday night at 7:30.
So, the piano: best idea financially for a family just starting out after 10 years in school? No,...but priorities have their pull sometimes. It's so important to us that our kids learn to play. We are looking forward to many years of happy music (and lots of ill sounding notes/major frustration) in our home. So, welcome home, Yamaha! In a few years you may be traded for a baby grand, but for now,...settle in and feel the love.
Excuse me now, ... as I go play a few "Hymns Made Easy".
Saturday, January 5, 2008
Hello Beautiful!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
You go girl!!!! I can completely relate! Except I wanted to play as a little girl but I didn't want to practice. Thus, a short lived few weeks of lessons.
I have been enjoying my lessons as an adult and feel slightly guilty about taking them..... BUT I'm not a TV watcher and barely crack a book or shop, so I suppose it counts as the only thing I do for myself. I hope you sign up as soon as all the little boys in your household grow a year or two.
The piano is Awesome!!!!
Happy New Year!
oh that is absolutely gorgous! and trust me girls love a boy who can play the piano!
Oh, I LOVE it! Way to treat yourself! You deserve it after ten years in school.
The piano will bring lots of joy to your home I'm sure. I never even though of taking lessons, yet someday. Heck - do a photo tour of Logan...how I miss Logan! I loved it up there and maybe someday that is where one of my good friends will bye her dream summer/other house (Bear Lake) and than I'll have all the excuses in the world to go visit! I still can't believe you have all boys!
Love the piano, you guys picked a classy looking beaut. It looks a little like our rental, except for the fact that ours is shabby and well, a rental. Congrats! That'll be an investment you won't regret...
It's a beautiful piano - I love it!
Post a Comment