Saturday, January 12, 2008

The Contrast



Hey! So, ...wow! We have gotten hit with some deep snow lately. We are still loving it. But, there is one slight problem. I think I chose the wrong car. I mean, I love my mini van, I really do. My favorite part of the car is when I am walking to the car with baby in arms and kids in tow and I push the button and the doors open. I love that. But 2 times this week I had to wonder if I was going to make it up the hill to my house! There are times when the front wheels are saying, "We can't do this alone, guys!" I have learned more about getting a "running start" at the bottom of the hill, I have learned a lot about snow shovels and packed down snow on the driveway, and we finally learned to put the temporary paper winder coverings on the baby's windows to keep the blinking lights of the snow plower out (at all hours of the night),...yep, there is lots to learn in snow country. I catch on pretty quick.

3 comments:

Hooley Family said...

AHHHHH SNOW!!!!
We miss the snow down here. Today San Antonio was 75 degree's. After church, the shorts were on and for now loving the sun. We do miss the snow and the mountains as well as you guys!!!

Karie said...

You have the most amazing view of the valley!!!! Breathtaking!

Heather said...

when did you get a minivan? I am picturing the black pilot all this time until I read this post. I have to say the 4 seasons are gorgeous and I miss them dearly. I get a bit homesick looking at these pictures.