Sunday, January 20, 2008

Bad Idea?


I was desperate. You know those nights that you just want to get dinner prepared without the sound of a screeching, screaming, crying baby in the background (and foreground)? I quickly handed him anything I could find that would keep him quiet for a second while I finished up. I would have never given licorice to my 1st baby, but somehow it's all ok now, just to prevent that scream. The stress of it all - I mean, I am seriously going as FAST as a mother's hands can go... and it is still not good enough for him. Even after seeing the results of my decison, I think I would have made the same decision all over again because of the peace and quiet that resulted. (except for the ringing in my ears...) My one question about babies though, is ....why in the world would he want to rub his entire face with his hands? His forehead, his chin, his eyes,...look at his eyes, it's like they are swelling closed from the licorice paste being rubbed right into them! I don't get it. But, I did finish dinner. Hooray. Poor Bronson- the dirty diaper was the grand finale of the event. Thank you, bathtub!

4 comments:

Christie said...

I'd say worth it every time. I'd probably let my kids have anything if it would keep them quiet, even now. Way to start him off on the right foot at an early age.

And how cute is he, licorice and all? Makes me want one of those (baby, not the licorice).

Heather said...

Way to go!!! my problem these days isn't the baby however. What would you suggest for the 2 year old in my life? HE is always under foot when I am trying to cook or clean or he is always fighting with Xander and Brandt and he ends up crying/screaming/retaliating. I think I might go crazy. There are days I question my sanity.

meg said...

Every baby needs at LEAST one picture like that - it's a rule. He looks completely happy, of course so am I when given sweets!

meg said...

Beck - go the the link at the top of my blog - I think that it is orange. BUT, I think you page is beautiful and Sadie said "don't help her change hers. I like it!"