Thursday, January 17, 2008

Nah.


Ok. I tried it and I didn't love it. I was really "into it" at first cuz I was sure I was going to love it. I know I am seemingly the ONLY person who does not LOVE LOVE LOVE this book (except for you, mom), but I just have to tell you why. Some of you already know what was really bugging me throughout the book. The vampire baseball game was a little odd, but I could handle that ok,...not too much of a problem. I didn't really realize how much it was bothering me until I stopped to think about it. But, here it is. Edward has COLD lips. It really really was getting on my nerves that every time, it was "his cold lips against her cheek". The "chill of his lips on her neck", "cold lips" on her lips. Who wants to read about cold lips? I had to get under a blanket every time I read the book. Now, I did finish the first one, but I am not sure whether I want to go on. That is how much it bugged me. Sorry, Twilight fan friends out there (all those friends who read my blog but never comment...yoo-hoo!). Maybe someone can give me some good news that that kind of nonsense will stop. Can I go on to the next book without cringing every time he comes close?? I really wanted a fun, no brainer series to relax to. But, if his lips don't warm up, I have PLENTY of other stuff that I SHOULD be reading (a.k.a. : My scriptures, JS book, Marriage and Family manual, Ensign, Family Fun Magazine, You on a Diet, Deceptively Delicious, etc.) Give me some good news please, if you have some.

9 comments:

karen said...

Count me as a third who did not love Twilight. I thought I was the only one in America, but now maybe we can form the "We-are totally-apathetic-as-to-whether-or not-Edward-and-what's-her-name- hook-up-or-he-eats-her-instead Club". You and me. And your mom. Can't remember if I told you that you look like a "hottie hottie, not so snotty" in that photo of you and Eric in front of the Logan temple. Skinny, too.

Elise said...

I have no idea about those books, but that post was stinkin hilarious! Especially the title of the post!

Christie said...

Um, sorry, friend. I loved them and can't relate. I don't think I would might his cold lips because his body was so stinkin' HOT!

I still like you though. We can still be friends.

Becky said...

Karen- that picture was 2 years ago, and I was feeling pretty good about myself. (I said, "pretty good", ...not "good")... I will get there again, someday. I still squeeze into that outfit though, BTW.

Becky said...

Stie- (I'll give in to the blog name, I like it.) You bet we are still friends. I don't just like you, I love you! And, I respect your love for Edward....Brrrr!

Karie said...

I am laughing out loud!!! I've not read the books yet, (I'm almost afraid to because I might not be able to do anything else but read them as others say will happen), but I did buy a few as Christmas gifts for the readers in my family. The cold lips thought is just too funny!!!!
Love ya!

Heather said...

my sister and mom love them. I haven't given them a go yet. . .still trying to get BYU work done. . .but all in good time I suppose. Although, I am one of those girls that never warms up, I am not sure that reading about those cold lips would help my situation! Come to think of it, maybe Ryan knows how kissing cold lips feels. . .

Unknown said...

I "listened" to the book and was hooked BECAUSE I was in a car "that much" over a weekend and such. I like it, but didn't LOVE it and couldn't get into the second book..I'm not a reader. My brother suggested Wicked, so I was listening to that and realized that I do not believe Desert would continue to sale the broadway musical stuff if anyone in the church ever READ the real book. It's one of those books that makes you think "what would a person think of me if I said I like it"! As for Edward, there is no human (or vampire) that is that attractive in this world so the fact that they want to or have made a movie only makes me think that there will be LOTS of disappointed movie watchers/book lovers. I'd like to join the We-are totally-apathetic-as-to-whether-or not-Edward-and-what's-her-name- hook-up-or-he-eats-her-instead Club!

Krista Dodd said...

Hi Becky,
This is Krista (Collins), Eric's cousin. I got your link from Linda and I love getting to see what you guys are up to. I have to comment on these books. I have read all three not because I was in love but because once I start reading anything I can't stop until I know the end. My in-laws (mother and 4 sisters) practically forced me to read them convinced I would love them and tried to get me to name Ruby Bella. Anyway if you didn't like the first dont even try the second, it is so depressing. The third is alright again but like the first and it never warms up.
Anyway I love your blog and I will definately check back often. Lacy has a blog too I dont remember the address but there is a link on my blog.