I don't FEEL like a lazy person. I seem to accomplish a lot on my "to do" list... so what is my problem? I finally get this precious little girl and I find myself putting NO thought into her Easter outfit until the morning of. Have I hit a new level of "whatever-ness"? This is perplexing to me. Am I turning in to my MOTHER??? I think my mom is amazing but she just didn't have it in her when it came to the fancy details. Clean and orderly were a priority but painted nails, curled hair, twirling dresses... those were unnecessary extras that wasted her time. Love was a priority, "cute" and "creative" were often up there,... but the ribbon and bows of life? Just not practical. I thought long and hard Easter morning about what was happening here.
And here is what I have come up with. I DON'T have a CLUE! All I know is that I love her. And I love the boys that I quickly ironed a white shirt for as I yelled, "find yourself a tie and belt and get in the car." We were clean, we tried to be orderly, ... and you know what? We all had a great Sunday. She was absolutely beautiful in her simple little dress and gold sweater, the bow she tried so hard to remove and her little hand-me-down shoes. Happy Easter sweet little Analise. I love you, you little girl that I waited so long for. Maybe next year we will try for a little more lace- hey maybe even a big Easter hat. No just kidding. I hate those- just like my mom.



6 comments:
I'll tell you what it is...it's Wisdom and Perspective. And those are two things that can only be earned after years of mothering. And they are two qualities to be very proud of! :)
Now go get your 1-50 done so you can party at WC!!!! Wah!!!!!
Oh my gosh, your mom sounds exactly like mine. I honestly don't think she ever put a bow in my hair (which she kept boy short, because long hair was far to unpractical!).
You are not lazy! Just busy busy with lots of little kids and things to do and fill your brain. The outfit looks simple and sweet...no one would ever know you hadn't thought much about it. Annie really seems just so precious. :)
I think the whole Easter get-up has gotten out of hand, frankly. Here's to simplicity!
can i console you by telling you that not ONE of my girls had an easter dress or bow or fluffy confection this easter? who cares. we were just lucky to make it to church at all at 8:00am.
Little Hooley Easter Chick looked radiant in her little yellow sunshine cardigan--that's easter-y enough!
OH and you put your music back on--which suits your blog GREAT because I know you love music and dancing so your music makes me smile.
Hey, I resent that remark!
But you are probably right...I don't like frills.
And, Analise DID look absolutely beautiful.
Love ya,
Mom
Post a Comment