Watching this the other day gave me an extra boost on what I have been trying to do all along with my children. With little time during the day for much of anything, I often catch myself not paying attention or not "being there".
Today during my workout/walk pushing the stroller, Bronson (3) and I were able to have such a good long conversation when we were going downhill or on flat road (I prohibit uphill talking as a strict rule). Analise had fallen asleep so it was concentrated time just for Bronson. I was so impressed with the songs he wanted to sing, and the thoughts he had while we walked. I thought about this little YouTube video as I was walking and felt so happy. This is what it means to connect to their hearts. Pure joy at that moment.
Wednesday, August 25, 2010
Parenting: Touching the Hearts of Our Youth
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Touching. A good reminder!
Thanking for posting that video and your comments.
We just had a lesson on this today, and it is so true that we need to just listen to them. Rather than just nodding and saying "uh huh".
So I have learned to just stop and take the time with Chloe even it is not the best time, to show her she is important not just by what I say, (I love you), but by what I do!
Hi Becky! Awesome video. I love your blog. You are the pro at this! Since 2007?? Awesome. I love all your pictures. It is so fun to see your trips, family memories, and read about such cute little moments with your kids. My motto has been "enjoy the moment" also and it really does make a huge difference.....you really do enjoy things a lot more and tend to just soak things up a little more.
Post a Comment