Beck,
Exam 7am Friday at our house. We have to be fasting for the blood work. Also need urinalysis at the same time. It should take about 10 minutes for each of us.
Have a great day!
Love,
Eric
Becky Hooley to Eric
Sure. 7am... I'll be looking pretty, in my black sweats,...and ....have a great day?, in the house?, wondering if I will be able to fit in a workout in the 35 minutes the baby is asleep?, chained down by little kids who get tired really fast and can't go anywhere, no matter how hard I try they don't get enough attention, struggle to get them in normal clothes, what about clothes for me? Nope, can't fit. Stay in sweats. I'll shower after I get a workout,...when can I fit that in? bronson needs more food, still in pjs, baby now crying. I try to cut her nails, no luck. See if I can make dinner with one hand- something everyone will like...make sure I use all the food before it goes bad..., only dream about getting out to the only store in town- old navy, (of course never never consider trying to get out alone)....gift for Cam's teacher leaving on maternity leave,...take back some clothes and shoes, oh need to exchange cam's shoes...Bronson needs cliff bar, pulling on my hand...oh, nope, can't go shopping. they open at 10, the baby takes a nap then. Can't go after either, cuz Ethan comes home from school- needs help with his reading- promised him some time in the lesson book. I'll do it when the baby is down, but that is when I need a workout. Still ugly hair and sweats, then everyone needs lunch and more attention. How to exercise,....???? oh shoot, the load of laundry is still in the washer,...who will I talk to today....maybe just the kids? Could I walk outside? No 23 degrees, give the baby tylenol for her fever?, How are my neighbors doing during their hard challenges?. wonder how to help landon with scouts and the new binder he's been given? Finish faith in God award first. Don't forget to bring him his swim stuff he forgot, how to drive everyone around today? I have to get my visiting teaching going....The ninja costume for Camden- what is he going to wear? Are they ready for the recital?...oh no! they have a piano recital and a 2nd grade opera at the same time on the same night! Email Jill- can we switch? Can I drive everyone to where they need to be on Wed night? The baby has the spots! I will need to bring a video camera, ....no help from Eric Wed night. I think I can do it maybe....if I can get a workout that morning. And maybe do all of it while eating carrots. oh and celery too. Yum. I'll wait til eric comes home to exercise. No nope too late, I'm exhausted- too tired to exercise. Start again tomorrow.
Ok, I'll have a good day, but you see, that will take some work too, and I will be doing it all in the same outfit I had on yesterday. Until I can get my workout in, which may be not until tomorrow.
becky
Disclaimer: Yep, it was a real email to Eric, from this morning. And I thought after I wrote him, "I want to remember how I really feel when I am a frustrated mom. I don't want to be the mom/MIL that totally forgot how hard it could feel some days." I feel much better now. I realize I am a blessed girl. I realize I have 5 healthy children, a good husband, and I am also healthy. I realize we have a lot! I realize that I am thinking about myself a little too much thus the bad attitude. I realize that it's ME that creates happiness and joy for myself within. And I also realize that I am just having a moment...like...this. Take it for what it is. I definitely could get a babysitter, a nanny, a mother's helper,...I know. I choose not to. I will be ok...just as soon as I exercise and change out of these stinkin sweats!!!! I am thinking a clean face, clean hair, and clean clothes will make all the difference in the world. Off I go now.
Tuesday, March 9, 2010
a little peek into a real email, a real morning, a little ingratitude, a jumbled brain, and just for a moment, a little "vent" therapy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
Complain away, sister. We like it real around here.
Thanks for keeping it real. We all feel that way and you're right about the exercise. It's such a burden to worry about how to fit it in, let alone actually fit it in but when you're done, voila! Total difference.
Your baby is so cute by the way!
Becky,
You don't know how much I can relate to this today!!! Actually, most days I can think of lately. Everything you expressed...I echo. Haven't washed my hair in days because I'm waiting 4 a good workout first, sweats everyday, all my kids are sick and I haven't had a break in a long time. I soooo want to go shopping 4 some cute clothes, but when?? Today I just kept wishing it all away, counting the years until all the little ones are in school...but then I see them smile and tell me they love me and I feel awful. I'm freaking out because on top of it because we're trying to close on this hse and all these probs keep coming up...Adam leaves for Australia for a week in a few days and I told him I don't think I'll survive. Oh, and working out does wonders for me too!!! Makes me feel like a new woman.
(I took your cue, and this response is long and rambling...sorry) Thnx for being honest about how hard motherhood can be!
Becky you are awesome. I think we may be kindred. Oh, and mother's helpers, nannys, etc., they're all totally over-rated. If you want something done right, you've got to do it yourself.
Love to you.
Kim
Therapuuuuuuuuuuuutic! You know, it's really the mental job that's tiring. Our brains are always going a mile a minute. . . trying to figure out how to multi-task and be most efficient. Exhausting! And the exercise/sweats/hair thing--totally can relate. Buggy.
Thursday I took off for lots of these reasons (but with only 3 others around me - well, my mom too and a few needy friends..shhhh) ANYWAY, what makes me feel good is not exercise - maybe someday>>>the shower makes all the difference - that day, Thursday - I GOT A BATH WITH NO BABY AT THE DOOR CRYING!
So glad that I am not the only one whose mind races in circles and finds it hard to fit everything in. I have thought about a nanny/mother's helper but haven't decided I want to go there yet. I don't have a 4 1/2 month old either. And she is beautiful! YOu have been busy, but it sounds good, all of it sounds good. I appreciate your honesty and positive outlook. It is refreshing. thanks.
Heather
Post a Comment