Here is a reminder of the bean jar we started over a year ago. After Disneyland in October 08, we decided we would shoot to go again in February 2010. Of course it was before we had any idea a little Annie would join our family. But, even with a 3 1/2 month old, we packed up the Suburban and headed to California. A promise is a promise and they earned it- one bean at a time. Our trip was well worth all the time taken off work/school and all the money spent.
It seems I was just talking about leaving and I cannot believe we are back and into a new week. Here is a little summary:
Lesson learned about how NOT ever to make reservations at Whiskey Pete's at the Nevada State Line. We ended up driving all the way through to my parents house on the same day for a bed and breakfast experience. My mom and dad had every bed ready, so comfortable and make waffles/pancakes both mornings for us! We demanded that Whiskey Petes cancel our reservation- nasty place, terrible service. Just remember that most of the time you are going to get exactly what you pay for.
Very warm weather in CA- it felt so good to wake up to birds chirping, swing outside in my parents backyard and actually see the baby's cute chubby arms in a short sleeved shirt.
Birthday celebration for Caden (Elise's 1 year old), Bronson (3), and Ethan (6) the first Sunday that we stayed with my parents. Elise had homemade sugar cookies for all the kids to decorate and chocolate cupcakes (also from scratch). YUM. It was also Valentine's Day. In all my preparations, I forgot about my Valentine. He did not.
Analise slept like a perfect angel the whole trip.
Drove to Disneyland Monday morning- checked into the Disneyland Hotel, able to get our tickets at the front desk, and learned that I love the Disneyland Hotel.
Fighting crowds on Monday (Presidents' Day), Tuesday AND Wednesday too! (although not as bad).
Left my sunglasses on California Screamin' after going on it with both sisters and laughing so hard I walked away before grabbing them. Bad mood the next day when reality hit that they were not in the lost and found (last year I found my camera after losing it on Space Mountain-lucky). But, then happy again when I looked online and they were still available at a good price and had Eric order me new ones. So hard to find glasses that fit right and work well.
So enjoyable, sitting by the pool holding Bronson wrapped in warm towels, watching the big boys swim while Eric was in the hotel room with a napping baby. It was one of those, "Dang, I love my life", experiences.
Dinner at Goofy's Kitchen at the hotel on Bronson's birthday- the boys didn't give the princess that came by one ounce of attention. She hurried off with her wand in another direction pretty quickly. We will have our chance with princesses someday. The food was so good. Like 1000% better than anything you will ever find in the park.
Going back out to the park with Landon at night (and Ethan and Cam one of the nights) after all the little kids were in bed was SO fun! Again, left Eric in the hotel room to relax, which is much more his type of leisure.
A fun day (Tues) spent at Disneyland with my awesome sisters and their families. Love it. Ended by meeting dad at the Mexican place for dinner.
Spent an evening comforting Ethan who was too short for Calif. Screamin' but accidently slipped by the workers and went on the ride the day before. He was like 6 inches too short. So, ...I wouldn't let him try it again. He was BUMMED. But, he did get to go on Indiana Jones, Hollywood Tower of Terror and Splash Mountain!
Bronson loved Thunder Mountain and barely made the cut off for Splash Mountain. He also loved Toy Story and Pirates.
No real time with Eric. We tag teamed the whole time and finally communicated a few nights ago. I forgot who he was for a second there. I really love that man. He is so attractive, especially when he is being such a good dad, making sure everyone has water and clean socks, sweatshirts and hats. Watching him with Analise is also a treat. Oh yeah, and, ...not making me feel bad when I lose my glasses (which he bought me for Christmas...) earns him bonus points.
Walking til blisters formed- seriously uncomfortable.
Sweating with the baby on my chest in the baby carrier (sleeping) and pushing the napping 3 year old in the double stroller to go get fast passes while the other boys are on Soaring Over California with Eric. More calories burned for me!
Some crying, tired kids, but also kids who did thank us for such a fun time. I love when they are grateful- it makes it all worth it.
More sun, more swimming, more eating- ate at Mimi's Cafe for breakfast as we were leaving Anaheim. It's one of my favorite places to eat.
Stopping over in Mesquite for a night, more swimming and relaxing and olympics watching. Bronson cut his lip on some piece of sharp furniture the morning we were about to leave. Blood everywhere- tooth ok.
Home sweet home, sad it is over, the togetherness was pure JOY- even through the rough patches. No one was sick which was a true miracle and not to be overlooked. I love my life. I am so thankful!
Here are a few pictures- I feel good to at least have these few. I don't know about you, but I find it quite hard to remember to take pictures when we are putting a lot of energy into not losing our children in large crowds.
Tired kids on the way home
Tuesday, February 23, 2010
Fast Week
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
I.Need.A.Bean.Jar ASAP!!!! How have I gone this many years without one?????
You actually did really well getting that many pictures! I hate having to stop to take pictures. The one at the entrance would have been sufficient for me. :)
Love the pics of the tired kids at the end.
You are a blessed girl! Sounds... should I say... magical?! I think those times remind me that those people are the only things I need in the world. I'm so glad you went for it!
I really think you are so brave to do this trip w/a little baby! I don't know if I could do it. But you are some kind of trooper, wow. You're a good mom to follow through w/your bean jar promise (btw, how does that work?).
The sun and fun and pool looks awesome! I think that's so nice your kids were grateful for the experience. We had been planning to head down to CA too this spring, but now we get to move instead.
P.S. Is that the pink romper on Annie I sent you? She looks so cute in it.
Yes Jessie!!! That's the one you sent me. I love it- and she looks so girly in it with the gathers and the scalloped sleeves. Thank you so much.
Bean jar: We just put a few beans in when we caught the boys doing something they weren't asked to do or if they had a good attitude. The idea is to catch them doing good things instead of getting mad at their annoying behaviors. Maybe it's more for me than them. :)
Post a Comment