Friday, January 29, 2010

The Time Concept



It's already been 3 months. I think the creation of "time" was created perfectly. I was thinking about this the other day. I mean, a day seems long sometimes, but some days seem short. An hour is perfect...if the clock ticked any faster, an hour would really not be long enough. A year seems pretty long, but it really could not go any faster because then we would not be able to accomplish nearly enough. (I know, these are "Becky concepts" and they can be tough) but it made me think about the perfect creation of all things. Well, like "Time", and also like babies. Sometimes, when it comes to my children, ...time definitely moves too fast.

I cannot believe that my newborn isn't all that new anymore. She is a real bouncing baby now, and I am loving her. She is smiling at me, she is using her body language to say, "pick me up", she is even laughing. She knows me, I can tell she loves me and her little eyebrows raise up when she sees me. She has got a very loud, ear ringing cry that comes from the depths of her tiny lungs, ...channeled in the right direction I dare say she could be a famous opera singer. But, she STINKS at pacifier sucking- SO not talented in that area, nor in the same general area of taking a bottle. No can do. Although, I try to overlook her few faults. Especially when she starts doing the "cooing" when she looks at me with some very beautiful eyes. I am so thankful I was able to experience this just ONE more time, but this time in the PINK version. Oh, and I do get a good calf workout, the way she has me rocking her several times a day. I see that as a good thing- the rocking. I will do that for a very very long time, like did with all my other babies. I hold and pat and rock and look out the window and get a calf work out and sing and think. I am glad the rocking chair is stuffed and not a hand carved wooden one. Because if there is one thing I love, it's rocking babies. I am such a lucky girl. Big time.

11 comments:

meg said...

Time absolutely baffles me. I can't comprehend sometimes how it goes so fast and so slow at the same time. I also don't understand how Julia could be turning 12, Maddy 10,... It sometimes doesn't seem possible. I'm so glad you are enjoying your time. Rocking a baby is time very well spent. Rock on, dear friend.

And isn't it amazing how true both of your two last posts are? I guess the harder something is, the more rewarding it can be.

Christie said...

You are so lucky. She is gorgeous. Rock her, my friend, for you'll blink and she'll be a big, gangly almost eight-year-old girl with jack o lantern teeth and pink fingernails. It just goes way too fast.

Elise said...

Oh, Christie. . . Jack o lantern teeth. . . that was funny!

Becky she is getting so big and she is just sooooo pretty. Can't wait to see you in a few weeks! Love the blog title too :)

Shari said...

Such a beautiful baby girl, such a cute family. I cannot believe your baby is 3 months!

Sharyn said...

She sure is a serious little dude (dudie - that's a girl dude). I hope she likes me better when she sees me this time. She is adorable, and I can't wait to see you all.
Love ya, Mom

Kelly said...

She is absolutely ADORABLE! I can tell by her outfit that you are LOVING buying girl clothes! It must be so much fun.

Sharyn, our term for girl dudes is dudettes! LOL A "doodie" is something else altogether!

Chelle said...

Time IS a crazy thing...especially when it comes to our kids. I didn't expect your little cutie to look so grown up already. The newborn stage doesn't last long.

I have felt the same way - so blessed for being able to experience a new life one last time. With my older girls, I spent way too much time wishing away the monotony of long days and not knowing how to appreciate life with a little one. This time around it's a whole new experience. Gold fish crumbs worked into the carpet in the family room and a little ink on the walls are welcome sights to this mom's eyes these days. And experiencing these things in PINK is a blessing, indeed!

Jessie said...

They grow way too fast, I agree. She's just beautiful.

karen said...

Somebody has been shopping (for girl stuff, this time) at Gymboree! Remember all our Waco Gymboree runs? She seriously is so gorgeous I can't stand it. You are so lucky to have another baby to rock and rock, and don't quit rocking her! My baby is ALMOST not letting me rock her anymore.

I love her little balled up fists.

Becky said...

karen,

I know...uh oh...we are in big financial trouble with this girl. I still try to look for the sales! Good right?

Heather said...

Do you love saying the word "she"? SHE is gorgeous. So true, about time. It is perfect and yet, I look back at all the boys and how grown they are. . . too fast!!!!