Today, I rushed around, like I do everyday. I organized while running back and forth to put the baby's pacifier in her mouth, I cleaned (with a little help from my "friend") while running back and forth to put the baby's pacifier BACK in, I wrapped presents while running to put her pacifier back in, ...you get the picture. It's frustrating, it's maddening, ...I have so much more I want to do. Mentally, I am THERE. Physically, NO CAN DO. I can't. She takes a lot of my time, and my time is getting more valuable and split into smaller and smaller peices. In 2 days she will already be 2 months old.
I thought about how Bronson was the baby, and in one day,...he all of a sudden was not. I would still rock him in the rocking chair, sing songs to him, ...and then soon I would sing WITH him, and hug him and read him stories before every nap. Now, I rush him down the stairs and throw him in his bed while simultaneously saying, "hurry, I hear the baby...she needs me....have a good nap" (give him a big smooch on his chubby cheek, and tell him I love him.) I have thought about how well he has transitioned. Even while finishing up on his potty training. And he loves her so much. He says, in his little 2 (almost 3) year old voice, "I love you sweet baby girl." How cute.
Today, I took a break from my hectic-ness to sit and hold and rock my little Annie to sleep. Bronson came in the room and instead of saying, "go out, I am rocking her to sleep", I let him sit on the side of the rocking chair. That is where he wanted to sit, and we rocked, all 3 of us. Then he sang, "I am a Child of God", and I joined in. We sang together and there were a few times that our voices were perfectly on pitch together. We then sang "Jingle Bells". I started singing, "Dashing Through the Snow"...he stopped me and reminded me he wanted to sing, "Jingle Bells". I told him that I was. I taught him the "Dashing Through the Snow" part. We sang it. And our voices together were perfect a few times. We rocked, the baby fell asleep in my arms and my face was close to his little face. Then he started singing, "A Child's Prayer". He sang, "Heavenly Father, Are you Really There?" He was off tune, he started too high at first and we re-started and sang it through.
It was a perfect moment, ...time taken out to enjoy my 2 youngest children. I loved it and while it was happening, I knew I wanted to record it and never forget. I hope my computer won't crash before I print it up in a book. It's something I want to remember forever. I hope it happens tomorrow.
Monday, December 21, 2009
A Perfect Moment in my Day
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



13 comments:
That is definitely a moment you NEVER want to forget - so sweet.
I still can't believe he is almost three. Where did the time go? What a sweet moment though. What a good life you have there, mama.
What a special moment! I think it's those moments that are mom's big 'pay day'. Enjoy!
Merry Christmas! Hope it's a good one for you.
Ok, sitting here all teary eyed now. *sniff*
That was awesome Becky. Thanks for sharing. I can't believe your baby is almost 2 months????? Wow.
I need the self discipline to take more of these moments because quite honestly I find myself wishing it all away so much of the time.
Thanks for the reminder.
Have a great Christmas!
Loved your card. You look so pretty.
L.O.V.E. that! You are a great mom! And a dear friend of mine.
It is so hard to slow down and just "be" with our little ones...I need to do it more often and not be thinking of all the things I am not doing while just enjoying the kids. Such a hard balance...you seem like you are doing a great job juggling it all.
Thanks for the so nice card...I hope we can get the two baby girls together soon! Merry Christmas!
Love, Jessie
Loved this little moment with you...this is all we have to hold onto. They grow so fast and rarely want to sit on laps and sing primary songs as a teenager.
that does sound like the perfect day!
That is truly a sweet post! They only stay little for so long! You are such a great Mother!
seriously sweet. I never regret just slowing down a little, thanks for reminding me to do it M.O.R.E.!
happy new year my much missed friend.
By writing it down like you have, you will remember it. Good for you!
What a sweet moment for you. As my bigger kids have gotten bigger (really fast) it's helped me realize how quickly the "moments" are gone. So glad you're figuring out how to enjoy this time with your baby and your older ones at the same time. It's tricky but totally worth it!
That is such a sweet moment. I have real tears in my eyes. I cannot wait to have those tender moments with my kids and I am grateful for your wonderful example of how to treasure those moments and not get caught up in the craziness of life to miss it. Your family is so cute and a perfect example of an eternal family. Hope you had good holidays! Can't wait for Tessa's little one to get here.
Post a Comment