Sunday, May 17, 2009

Happy Birthday to Happy Camden

He turned 7, our Camden Tate. How does that happen so fast? For the last 7 years we have had a little boy in our family who is pretty much a constant source of joy. The moment he was born I expected a lot crying (like another boy I know), but he was as quiet as a mouse and was the calmest baby we've had. He was so cuddly and still loves to sit close by me and be held.

This boy is the one that has tried the hardest to keep up with Landon. With almost 4 years between the first 2 boys Camden learned to do everything early. Ride the scooter at 2, ride a bike at 3, he could climb up things at parks at a really early age, ...all to keep up with his big brother. It won't be too long before he passes Landon up in height, pretty sure. I even forget how young he is because he is so tall. I have had to remind myself all last year that he is only in first grade and to go easy on him. He eats more than any other boy in our family and I have no idea where he puts it all in that little muscle body. I love his dimple, I love when he laughs hard- it makes us all laugh. He tries to hide his emotions much of the time, but inside there is a very sensitive boy who gets his feelings hurt pretty easily and can love very easily. Camden tells me often how much he loves me.

He is a good athlete, loves video games, he's a quick learner and gets nothing less than A's in school, he has always loved being read to and now is such a good reader, he sings well and is learning how to play the piano, he is creative, he is happy and he is thankful. We love this boy. Part of me wishes he would slow down and stay little, but part of me is so excited to continue to see who he is becoming and what kind of young man he'll turn out to be. I love him. I love him to tears.

Happy Birthday, Camden. I am so glad you have that big dimple!

Love,
MOM











9 comments:

meg said...

Looking at all of those adorable pictures makes me want to cry! And he's not even my kid! It's been so long since I've seen him - I guess seeing how grown up he is reminded me of that and how fast they all do that growing thing. See ya' soon! (I bet he'll tower over my 7 year old)

Elise said...

Handsome kid! I loved seeing all of those baby pictures of him! So so cute. Happy Birthday Camden! Oh, by the way, was that shirt big enough?

Elise said...

I meant the one I sent in the mail? I sent it on Thursday, so maybe it hasn't come yet.

Jessie said...

I know that feeling of ambivalence about your little boy growing up. I'm so glad he's been such a joy to you! He seems like a great kid.

Christie said...

Beautiful tribute, my friend. What sweets words for your sweet boy.

Um, your boys are so handsome. Don't you think at least one of them will do for Hannah in, say, 15 years or so?

Jacqueline said...

He was one cute little man. Looks like he had a wonderful birthday!

Jaimee said...

Oh my goodness -- that is the absolute most cutest little toddler I've ever seen! And I even think my little Spence is darling but he is perfectly squeezable and loveable ;) Wow what a sweet boy! I love all your boys!! Can we share them?!?!

Happy big 7 Cam, love from the Hirschi's :)

Natalie said...

Happy 7th Camden! He has a special spot in the family! What a great kid!

Rachel Mai said...

When I see posts like this, I often wonder what my kids looked like in their different stages of growing...especially with this one because Ezzy had her bday on 17 May.

You are very blessed to know your children from the beginning. And they are turning out magnificently.