Big Blue, the Utah State Aggie mascot, came to play at the neighbor's house down the street on Saturday. It was just a fun ice cream party and Big Blue stayed for a long time. He even wrestled with a bunch of rowdy boys on the trampoline. The kids had a blast!
Here are some pictures of our yard in progress. These are more for me (and my mom and sisters who want to see what is going on) because I wanted to make sure to get pictures along the way, but maybe you'd like to see too. Possibly it may lure you to come to visit us, and enjoy our yard with us. So, ... 1. They completed the waterfall which looks and sounds very peaceful. 2. They started a big arbor covering over the back patio doors. 3. Another company is here to replace the cheap aluminum railings on our deck with some very nice iron belly railing so that they can weld a small spiral staircase to it. Now we will have a way down from our deck instead of feeling like we are in jail. 4. The sport court retaining wall was surfaced with a stucco-like stuff so it will look better than plain cement 5. Some paver patio areas were added near the sport court and the fencing for around it is coming soon. 6. The fire pit is being worked on 7. And they just dropped off another load of boulders. There are many many rocks back here for boys to climb on.
Just for you curious ones, the tall wood tower is a swing set in progress. Just swings, no slide and fort. And the round thing is a trampoline that was dug into the ground to make it ever so slightly a little bit more safe. This week they are trenching for the sprinklers and to run wire for lighting, and we should be getting some trees, plants, a couple of raised garden boxes, mulch and finally grass sometime in the next few weeks. So beautiful, so thankful.
Monday, May 11, 2009
Big Blue/Landscape Progress
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
I love these pics...I still can't believe Big Blue stayed as long as he did -- what fun memories we made and I'm glad you were there to share them w/us! :)
I can't wait to see the finished product on your yard...It is really coming along a lot faster than normal! Before you know it you'll have grass to sink in between your toes and it makes me smile b/c now your here to STAY after all that work and money you'll have to stay here for a LONG LONG time, right?!?!?! I'm so glad we're neighbors :)
Looks great! It's amazing what can be hiding under all of that snow!
What a fun backyard! A waterfall? No way! I can't wait to see it when it's done. What an investment in good ol' family fun.
Becky...Everything looks fabulous! So much progress going on at the same time. You know how to get it done!
This is going to be such a great yard for you family. I love all the levels you have. It makes for an interesting yard. No jealousy or envy intended here but I wish I had more levels to my yard. I'll have to live on a hill instead of next door to the Great Salt Lake. Great job on the planning of a great yard! Can't wait to visit you!~ ( if you'll have us after the purple smoothie!)
Becky, Was just checking in for an update! WOW! your yard is looking GREAT! What a project! This will be a terrific back yard for a bunch of memory making with a all the boys :)
Hope you are feeling well.
KE
Looks gorgeous Becky. You've waited a long time for this and you will have a lifetime of enjoyment and fun. I can't wait to see it finished!
Post a Comment