Blogging is not the only thing that has gone by the wayside this month, and yet it is one of the least important things that needs to be caught up on. But alas, it's Sunday, which gives me another reason to say ..."there is always tomorrow for laundry, organizing closets, sorting clothes/shoes, etc." I have been saying that for about...well...a month. But, set aside YOUR laundry for a few minutes as you read a few tidbits about OUR April.
On April Fools Day, I made some delicious meals for my little fools. "spaghetti and meatballs", veggies, and Strawberry Faux Pie. It was worth the effort to see their confused little faces, and I was proud of myself for getting into the spirit of the day with that and a few other little tricks up my sleeve. The pie was a meat pie with pink mashed potatoes on top (colored with beet juice). The "spaghetti" was cupcakes, noodle frosting, Rocher chocolates and strawberry jam. I fooled em good.
Landon had one last good spring skiing day with Eric. Camden decided to forego the last skiing day and replace it with a friend's birthday party. Both boys are getting to be really good skiiers and we will be adding Ethan to the mix next Winter. Let's focus on warm weather now, shall we?
We enjoyed our church General Conference this month. It's not only exciting to hear from our prophets, apostles, and leaders,...it's also quite exciting to stay home and get comfortable in order to do it. I was able to listen to most talks on Saturday and Sunday. It was so uplifting and wonderful. We added a TV downstairs, so we were right where the boys could draw and color (and listen now and then), but also have access to all the game cupboards so as not to get board. Landon was smack in the middle of a heafty flu that week. Good: that he was out for Spring Break- Bad: that he laid there for much of Spring Break. Poor guy.
I also turned a year older this month. To celebrate, (after the Thai food ON my birthday with Eric), we went to opening night of "Wicked" in Salt Lake City with 3 other couples and quickly learned how lucky we were to have scored tickets. We went to Flemmings before dinner and thouroughly stuffed ourselves with the best food ever, and off to the play we went. I'll wait for Shelly to send the one picture anyone took the whole night. I will say though, that it was my first broadway play and it was the exact experience I was hoping for. Knowing the soundtrack ahead of time is the way to go! LOVED IT!!! And for the record, so did my husband. He is good like that.
Sometime around this time, I bought Bronson some new "undies", as we call them. Just thought you would like to know. We are headed in THAT direction but OH so slowly, with no intentions to rush the process. I just don't have it in me yet. You understand that, don't you? Here is how NOT ready I am. We have them stretched tight right over his big diaper. Just for fun. (Which might, in the long run, take the excitement right out of it if I keep that nonsense up,...but who cares?!?)
This now brings me to another proud moment- our second camping trip with our boys to Zion National Park. Like last year, it was hard, it was cold, there were moments to be endured, but also, like last year, the boys had a blast! UNLIKE last year, this year we went with Eric's whole family, minus a few. Also waiting for some great pictures from a couple of sister-in-laws. (You know who you are, girls.)
The kids had cousins to play with this year, and we brought the boys' bikes which is forever a "must". We had a fun easter egg hunt on Saturday night for them- they collected at least a thousand eggs each, or so it seemed. Some even had money in them thanks to grandma! (I tried to steal all the money ones from my kids, with no luck- JK, I'm desperate, but not that mean and dishonest). Me and the boys
Matt, JaNae, Ashton and Payten
Jeff and Tessa with the "make out couple" in background.
Only some of the group, trying not to get dripped on from Weeping Rock.
Beckyz Boyz
Ethan
Landon
Bronson
Summary: Camping was fun this year, mostly to see the kids have a great time. I fought the pregnancy nausea the whole way through, we did get rained on several times and there were moments that we were all in the tent at lunch time while Eric is throwing us the bread, mustard, turkey, chips, cookies, and drinks INTO the tent so that I could make sandwiches from there. Yes, there were those moments. Oh, and those other moments where I had to force myself to get up and trudge out into the cold/rain to go to the bathroom in the MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT. There were those fun tidbits of memories too, but you know what? These are times just for the kids to enjoy and that was our goal. I love some things about tent camping, like sleeping all together, keeping each other warm, waking up and talking in the tent, building fires and making s'mores, we dutch ovened this year for the first time and it was fabulous, the hiking was unbeatable, ...and other star memories. And as a side note, I do just fine finding my way to Hawaii every few years, so I will wait for that day somewhere after baby #5 is born. Hey, do you think I can sneak something small in BEFORE the baby? There is a thought to stew on.
I had my first Dr. appointment this month. I made it very clear to the nice man that I would not tolerate any comments about my weight. I did that last time and learned that if that ever happened again, I would switch doctors faster than the speed of sound. He quickly let me know he wouldn't. He also quickly let me know that I was HAVING A BOY!!! Just checking if you are still reading after this long drawn out post. If you are, I am just kidding. The nice doctor had to ask me to stop begging to "see if you can tell", by telling me that if he were to hold the little critter in his hand that very moment, both he and I would see that he/she was a he/she. Can't tell yet on ultrasound, or REAL LIFE yet. Too early. I have to be patient. So, don't pressure me to have a girl, please (cuz you know, it's already chosen and it's already "in there", afterall with nottin more I can do to change a thing), ...and I would also appreciate it if you would kindly be excited for me if it's a boy. Enough said.
We have 3 boys playing soccer. There are only a handful of people that I have met who have experienced a season of sports with 3 little players at once. Whirlwind.
Landon won 3rd place in the Pinewood Derby this year. Again, no camera (remember how I am falling behind?), ...but he and Eric worked very hard on their car, and I think he was pleased to have won a little. Glad it's over. So is Eric.
Just an FYI. If your two year old writes on your granite with a sharpie marker, don't freak out like I did. Mr. Clean Magic Eraser comes through again in a matter of seconds. I started quickly cleaning it and then decided it would be a good blogging tip for all you moms, so I snapped a shot. The marker covered a much bigger area than it appears. I had my neighbor say, "did it take the finish off? One time my son did that and it just took soap and water and in about 30 minutes of gentle polishing, I got it off." To which I replyed, "I don't care if it took anything off. The marker was gone in 2 seconds and then I was running to soccer practice!" 30 minutes? NO!
Now, if he happens to get it all over his arms, you can either A. Take 30 minutes to scrub it off or...B. Wait until several nights of baths (not successive nights) to take it off for you. I chose B. and just dealt with the questions from friends and neighbors. Soap and water DOES take care of that in no time, actually.
And to see Bronson with marker on his arms, shin guards put on all wrong, and soccer shoes on that are WAY too big, it melts my boy-lovin' heart to pure liquid. He was so proud of himself for putting on HIS soccer gear- he played outside like that for hours.
Last Friday, Landon went to the state debate tournament in Salt Lake. He won the local one a few months ago and had been looking forward to this experience. They left school at noon and didn't get home until 10:30 PM. Holy Cow- what all did they have to talk about regarding aluminum can recycling? I don't get it, but I am trying. He is good at what he does, that kid. He has also been asked to be the youth speaker in sacrament on Mothers' Day- (WHY that day?) One of the members of the bishopric has been trying to make that happen for months because he loves hearing Landon speak. I have to say that he has a gift for public speaking which Eric and I have noticed from the moment he was conversing with all people in the grocery store while sitting in the basket. Not a shy boy, yet he isn't always clamoring for attention either.
I will be excited to post our lastest endeavor, our LANDSCAPING progress! Sometimes I think it may be a little odd to be so anxious and excited for grass, trees, and the like. But, then I remember that we have been living with dirt and have 4 active boys that need a trampoline, swings and a place to run. So stay tuned for more updates, more often.
Oh yes, and I want to record on this, my family record of sorts, that my creative juices are starting to flow again after a year and a half of moving into our home. I was creatively dead for some reason with no desire to start any sort of project. But, now I have settled in long enough to have decided that I am ready to think about gardening, making a huge family quilt (you know, just one we can bring to a park and throw on the ground), and I am going to learn how to make strawberry jam, I am. (rhyme). I also really really really wanted an easter egg tree, but couldn't find one. So, I will make it myself. I want it to look like this:
But, if I can't have exactly one like that for next year, ...when I have my birthday and celebrate the snow melting and Easter and the like I will settle for this one:
I will leave you with one last photo, because I have a feeling that you just cannot get enough of my life in April. It's all so interesting and chuck full of excitement. I caught a little someone hiding in the bathroom while Eric was trying to get ready. There is no indecent exposure, I assure. The little happenings are almost just as fun around here.
HAPPY END OF APRIL TO ALL, and to all a goodnight! Pssst...April, if you wouldn't mind just sticking around long enough for me to get my visiting teaching done, I would greatly appreciate. I am a bit slow right now, but cannot fail this month too. :)
Sunday, April 26, 2009
April Happenings Long Over Due
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



10 comments:
Rather long posts than no posts, right? Your Zion pics are making me super excited for our memorial weekend trip. :)
Miss you! The kids and I plan on spending some August time in Logan.
I'm so happy to have caught up on your busy life.
I want you to learn to quilt and become my quilting buddy!
I would love to JAM with you!
And yes, I will be ever so happy for a 5th boy to come along if that's what Heavenly Father has in store for you! Boys are awesome! In our little fam....we prefer them actually. The girls are too much drama!
Lots of love-
Welcome back, blog slacker! Sounds like you've been busy. I guess we can forgive that.
I just learned how to make freezer strawberry jam last week. It is fabulous. McKay can't get enough of it. Super easy. You should do it.
How did you get tickets to Wicked?? You could probably guess that I'm a huge musical theater fan and love any broadway shows...and must admit Wicked is one of my all-time favorites!! So jealous you got to go (I did see it in Seattle...but would see it 100 more times)!
Looks like spring is going well for Beckyz Boyz!
Ahhh. Becky you are funny!
Your April sounds as busy as mine and I am way to lazy to post it all...maybe I will, you are inspiring! Sunday would be the day to post but this Sunday I had Ward council meeting, Youth committee meeting, BYC ( meeting) and two new YW move ins to meet...I collapsed at my door with aching feet ( I wore the wrong shoes to church) at about 7:10 pm...Maybe next Sunday I can post. In fact...I am going to. I know I will enjoy it! Hope you are well...thinking about you and that new baby!
WOW...who knew life could be so fun! :) Good to hear you like your nice Dr cause I know I do, isn't he great!
I'm also glad to know I am not the only one w/a son who thinks permanent markers are fun toys! Too bad mine wasn't as easy to clean up though! You got lucky!
I'm excited your having another baby no matter what the sex it's such a great thing! You are also such a trooper for taking on that camping trip -- your the best mom ever!
And also I made Strawberry Jam a little while back and it was a TON of fun and I don't think I'll ever buy store bought again--so if you need a jam buddy I'm here and can teach you ;-)
You had quite an April. Looks like life just gets busier and busier -- but you somehow keep up and do it beautifully!
Hey Becky
I love the food it looks super fun! Can i get the recipe? Love your post!!
Tell me again why we can't be next-door-neighbors? I'll always let you borrow a cup of sugar or an egg - whatever!
We are BIG Wicked fans. You are such a lucky girl! That would make it worth it to turn another year older, right?
Beautiful boys. No, I mean really beautiful. I can't wait to see them in person!!
phew, it's over! Just kidding. that sounded absolutely fun and full of LIFE. Truly, life is fun when we fill it with family and BOYS. And I am not excited to have 3 soccer players next year; I am exhausted just thinking about it. I promise I won't say, "I'm sorry" or "God bless you" or "goin' to keep trying for that girl?" if it's another boy. All well intended remarks I am sure, but you get tired of hearing them. And you know, we love those boys even if it would be fun to "experience" a girl.
Post a Comment