So, Saturday and Sunday was General Conference for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints- for those of you who don't know, this is a conference broadcast from Salt Lake City twice a year. During 2 sessions each day we listen to apostles and prophets of the Lord who have wonderful messages to share with us that help us, and guide us and our families. They are uplifting, and you can feel the love from these men for us. We were driving home from Zion National Park on Sunday but we caught a couple of talks on the way home. The one I remember most was from Elder Ballard. He talked about enjoying our children and that we only have them in our home for a short while and of that time the formative years are very very few. He made me re-realize that I need to continue to study the scriptures, teach my children, not waste time doing things that don't matter, and just enjoy these moments with my boys- look at their faces, listen to them, their stories, their thoughts, don't overschedule our lives, pray for them and get the wisdom I need from my Heavenly Father, ...and just let them know how much I love them and ENJOY motherhood- the ups and the downs.
There has never been a time in my life that I have felt more sure about the truth of gospel of Jesus Christ. I only hope that this testimony that I have (and that no one can take from me) will only continue to grow stronger as I try to continue doing what I know to be right. This is a world of uncertainty and changing values but the truths are still truths and they never change. These are the things I cling to. If you would like to know more about the truths that I know, take a look at www.mormon.org. It's all very simple. It makes me HAPPPY. It's all about being happy and finding joy. It's good and it's right. What more can a person want that lasts and lasts and lasts?
Monday, April 7, 2008
I Love General Conference
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
I love general conference! It recenters me. I love hearing the "essence of the gospel" that I sometimes miss in the buisiness of Sunday. I loved Elder Ballard's talk too, - yeah moms!! of course, while he was speaking, Mike and I were in the primary room with Jameson and Jenny and I believe we were trying at that point to get Jenny off of the table and to stop playing the piano. There were many "amens."
Thanks for commenting lone friend. I am glad I have one person who agrees with me and one willing to comment about it.
I completely agree with you. I also think it's funny that the older I get the more and more I look forward to Gen. Conf. They are always so fulfilling!
Couldn't agree more!! The talks that touched me the most were those about family Elder Ballard's and Elder Nelson's. I have much to work on but that is where I am so grateful for the comfort of the Savior. Thanks for your testimony!
Post a Comment