Monday, January 28, 2008

Thank you, President Hinckley


Here are some of my thoughts when I think of our prophet, President Gordon B. Hinckley. He was so optimisitc, happy, witty- (always making you laugh when he spoke), kind, loving- you really felt as though he loved you, personally. He was a hard worker, he wanted to meet as many church members as he could, all OVER the world! He dedicated so many many temples everywhere, he organized the Perpetual Education Fund, oh yeah, and the "6 B's"- who can forget those?...and he NEVER SLOWED DOWN...even at age 97, he kept pushing through even though he was tired and weary and missed his wife terribly after losing her 4 years ago.

Last night after I found out that President Hinckley had passed away, I went down and told the boys as they were getting ready for bed. (Eric had just left to go see some patients at the hospital and didn't know until later...) The boys were so sad. Camden kept saying, "No! I don't want President Hinckley to die!" I had a good talk with them about how happy he must feel to see his cute wife again and have no more discomfort! We talked of how much good he had done for the church and how faithful he had been. I think we all felt better after our family prayer. But, in the morning, Camden (our 5 year old) told me that he had cried after I had left the room. It's hard to let someone go that you love and admire and FOLLOW. So, thank you President Hinckley, our beloved prophet... we will always remember your Christlike example and have your words and direction to follow! Thank you for showing us how to "endure to the end"! We love you.

0 comments: