Friday, March 9, 2012

I Will NOT Consider Blogging to be a Chore

Well, I guess I am getting to that point where blogging, or the lack of is just making me feel major guilt.  That is not right.  So, I have decided that if I have to jam a bunch of pictures in one entry, I can.  If they are all out of order, it's fine.  If I want to do some of my very special "free writing"- the kind that is random and makes no sense but makes me feel better, so be it.  It's my blog and I will do whatsoever I want.

I think Facebook has been good but mostly bad.  I do love to keep in touch with my "friends" but it can be a major time waster.  I put many of my pictures on my FB page for all my "friends" to see.  But my blog?  It's going by the wayside but I haven't forgotten how much I love to look back and read my entries.  It almost takes the place of my journal but in a more public kind of way.  The blog is a summary of my family life and my motherhood experiences.  So, DOWN with FB!  You will not take away my duty to journal and eventually have a nice bound book for posterity.  My "friends" won't miss me but if I dodge the blog, I am neglecting something very important.  I have to remember what I started this for- to capture what motherhood means to me, and the memories we are creating every minute of this life. 

Here are some the best pictures since January.  I have 100's.  But, here are a sampling of what is going on here and there in our family.


 We spent New Years Eve and day in Park City with our neighbors, the Clarks.
A fun time was had by all, and we made it to midnight and even 1-2 minutes beyond.


We have had our home in Park City for just over a year now.  I think it's finally furnished with a few minor things to go.  So, I am documenting about a couple of my favorite spaces in our cabin.  It has been fun to get away with family and friends this last year and although it's been a lot to take on, good memories have been made.

See this princess bed?  It's from WalMart and it's plastic and it's pepto-pink.  It's something I would never put in my little girl's room at home because I am kinda funny that way about plastic and things that seem like real silk and things that are,... well, plastic.  But, we have a closet here in Park City that was never finished and I will tell.you.what... this makes the perfect little bedroom for Analise and I LOVE the pink plastic bed and so does she!  I can't believe how I have been missing out on the good stuff.  I am going with the princess decals on the wall next.  No, I really am, I can't wait.  


master bath

Master bedroom, great views, put in some window treatments
 and we finally have a TV in our bedroom,
something we have always decided against.
But when we are away, it's nice to feel like we are in a hotel and
get in bed and turn on the tv (run-on sentance right there...)

Landing that we didn't know what to do with... this works

Boy's room and someday Analise's too- she will sleep on the window seat

Formal dining room.  Never really liked formal dining rooms but
they are growing on me, I like this one.

Another area we didn't know what to do with but an extra"hang out"
area and a pull out couch to make more sleeping options is great.

My dad came to visit and hang out with us when we went to Disneyland last month- had the best weather and such good time with he and my sister and her girls.  We soaked up all the sun we could. 
Perfect shot with Mickey- no waiting in line.
This was purely called, "in the right place at the right time".

Splash Mountain, a favorite.  Les with
WalMart bag, me with plastic zip lock.

At age two, Analise has already found a good friend.  These girls (most of the time) 
play so well together- she asks if "Brooklee" (her name is Brooklyn...) is coming over 
almost daily.  This was the day I was getting ready for Bronson's pirate birthday 
party and they would not be left out of the preparations.  


She loves her babies and animals

Michelle, great grandma Miner, Eric and Landon.  Priceless picture.

 McCoy and Analise- cousins

See what I mean with the animals?  Do I have to get a real pet or
will this "fur real" pet work just fine?

I'm not the worst mom in the world- at least
 I take a picture before I throw away projects, right?
I mean who has room for it all???  Good job Cam- we
would have never known about the Yellow-Bellied Marmot
had it not been for you.  Thank you, thank you!

It was a very special time for all of us last Saturday as we witnessed our 3rd child be baptized.  He was so excited and ready for this day.  Here is he and his good friend, JD who was also baptized that morning.  I love that Ethan has good friends and that he understands what choosing the right means.  He also has a good understanding of repentance and of our Savior, Jesus Christ and for that I feel very grateful.  As a mom you wonder how the teaching moments are going along until you realize that they are understanding the important things and growing up to be such good little people.  


Eric and Ethan- what a wonderful day

Some family and good friends

Here we are, our little happy family.  We are looking a little mismatched, a little unprepared, and little goofy with Bronson doing, "the smile", ... but it's just the way I like it.  

Cousin Caden and Analise.  Right here I will say (as if I have never said before)
I adore her curly hair.  I stare at it, smile at it while staring at it,  I touch it, kiss it,
look at it some more, ... I love love love her hair and it would be a dirty trick
if it all went away any time soon.  At this point I am counting on it forever!
While everyone was enjoying a movie downstairs, I saw a strange glow outside.
I went to check it out and saw a beautiful sunset.  It cast a light across the snow
that reminded me of fake stage lighting, ... it didn't look real but so pretty.  I ran downstairs
so all could step out onto the patio to witness it, knowing it would be gone in a second.

I was able to capture it almost exactly as I saw it- and, ... it was a perfect moment
to finish off a perfect day.  I am grateful for sunsets.  Run and LOOK when you see them
cause you just never know when you will get to see something so great again.  

And this Captain America Princess just sums up my life.  AWESOMENESS.  

2 comments:

Julie said...

LOVE IT!! What a great little update on all your recent happenings. Such a cute family! Love all the pictures!

Karie said...

Well you know how I feel about FB as well, I suppose it has its limited uses but like you I really enjoy my journaling/blogging much better. I love your family!