Saturday, November 20, 2010

It was a Good Fight

Most moms might only put this up IF their child was a winning candidate.  But, since I am keeping it real, I will say that I am really proud of this boy.  He is one awesome kid.  And he didn't win.  He told me he thought another kid would win because he is more popular.  And it was true, that kid did win.  

But, the great thing is that Landon tried anyway.  I challenged him to it and he took the challenge.  I want him to have these experiences- we all know that life isn't going to let you "win" every single time.  He gave an awesome speech and would have made a great Vice President this year- he had some good practical ideas.  His class did vote him in as 7th grade representative the next day.  So, that was great, especially since his good ideas will now have a voice.  Aaaand on top of that, ...the 7th grade has a really handsome boy as their rep, which is super duper important.  Love you Landon!  





3 comments:

Karie said...

That is impressive. I am always in awe of the amazing guts and motivation of the kids these days who are willing to stick their necks out, and as always your blog is still one of my favorites because you do keep it real.

Elise said...

I LOVED this post. I showed Jason the pictures and we just talked about what a great kid Landon is. Seriously--one special boy. So spiritually sensitive, positive, happy, a fantastic example to his younger siblings and cousins, smart, talented, and overall well rounded. Tell him we are very proud of him for giving it his all! Nice work Landon!

Heather said...

7th grade?!!! When did that happen?