Sunday, October 3, 2010

General Conference Weekend=RELAX!

Just some happy pictures of a happy family. Today was General Conference, the worldwide meeting we have for our church every 6 months. We get to stay at home and listen to the messages on TV.  Usually going to church is not an easy task.  We start at LEAST 2 hours ahead of time to spruce up to our Sunday best.  So, honestly this is one of the reasons why I look forward to this weekend.

But, even more than that, the talks are always so uplifting.  They encourage, give hope, inspire one to try harder, and make one have a desire to be a better Christian.  I learn more each time about the things I need to do to keep our family strong and how Eric and I can protect our kids from all the crap in the world today.  It's not possible to put blinders on them, but it is possible to talk to them about what is real and what isn't.  I love the "training" we get as parents- to know exactly what to do for our family and to be reminded to be consistent about doing the things we already try to do on a daily basis.  It's not easy.  It's so not easy.  But worth our every effort as we are raising these good little kids and trying to be better ourselves.

After conference and before dinner we took our traditional drive in the canyon to look at the Fall leaves. It was a perfect day. Today, they showed that they love being with each other.  And they all adore Analise. They have played together in the house and in the yard ALL DAY LONG. Games, puzzles, throwing a ball, laughing, (a little crying), coloring, making forts, etc. I loved watching them today and realized that they have every possible chance to remain good friends forever.  

It looks like today was our last warm day of the year.  Here comes Fall- we brain stormed on the way home through the canyon about Halloween costumes- a family theme.  We have one lone pumpkin on our porch right now and will have more soon.  Bronson and I set out our Halloween/Fall decorations last week and tonight we are having fresh peach crisp for dessert, with Redi Whip (our favorite).  It's time to hunker down, and turn off the A/C for a good long while.  Not quite ready for Winter, but bring on the Fall!


She is no longer tortured by facing the wrong direction- and we don't have to hear her screaming any longer!

Beautiful Fall colors!

Look at her, pointing for no reason.

My kids

My teammate.  I love him so.

1.  We were trying not to laugh.  Landon took sooooo long to take the picture.  2.  Feels like I am kissing his lips, looks like I am not.  After all this time,  you would think I could get it right.  Whatevs.

9 comments:

Shari said...

Ok, that kissing one is funny. I can tell you guys are about to laugh. :) It does look like you're kissing his chin. So cute.

I see you have upgraded in vehicle size. Nice ride. :)

I too loved Conference. Loved everything that was said and really loved sitting around in my pjs all day.

Julie said...

Love, love, love these pictures. Soo cute and very good set up....looks all professional. :) Conference was great, I feel the same as you about the whole weekend. Your kids are adorable. And btw, only the girls wore matching colors in our pics....the boys just were just boys.....it's just fun to match the sisters and really when you have an 11 year old coordinating the outfits, it's much easier on the mom :)

Christie said...

Darling pics! I wish our leaves would hurry up and change already. We need a few more cold nights around here to make that happen, and I guess I'm not complaining. It just still looks like summer!

Kelly said...

I love the pictures. So jealous of the beautiful fall colors! I LOVE the fall. Today I saw a lone itty bitty red tree in someone's yard amongst all the other live oaks. There was my "fall color". So great to see your happy family.

KME

Jaimee said...

Great pics - so cute!!

I love the rides to see all the leaves in the fall, so fun :)

So funny that we have the same background, it's so cute huh!! You have great taste ;-)

Jaimee said...

Ok just realized I used the word so like soooo many times in my comment - so hilarious ;-)

Dannette & Mark said...

Looking good Becky!...kids too!

Tessa and Jeff said...

Oh I love you guys! It has been way too long since we have even talked. We have so much to catch up on! Very cute pictures. Talk to you soon!

Jessie said...

That last one cracks me up! And Annalise has gotten so big, and you're right, she is beautiful! I just bought a similar denim jumper today @ ON that is super cute.