
Sweet, pink, fluffy, intense, and BUSY Analise is already 9 months old! That sure did go by much speedier than the 9 months of pregnancy! I need to take her in and get her stats, but I think she is about 17+ pounds. She has 2 bottom teeth, (came in at 7 months), she can pull herself up on anything, she scoots like crazy and pushes up into a sitting position. But, still no real crawling (unless you count the army crawl). She plays peek-a-boo and says, "Duh!" (for "boo"). She loves the boys and is always looking around for them. She laughs pretty easily, is very attached to me, but is learning how to be ok when I walk out of her sight.
She won't keep a headband on, is not a fan of shoes, and has no patience for a breastfeeding cover...(luckily we don't nurse as much as we once did). Her thick, short legs crack me up, and if her feet don't grow she will be not walking any time soon- supporting that chubby body is going to take a little more balance than what those tiny feet can give, I'm afraid. Her smile is contagious, but when she pinches my skin with her tiny, pinchy little grasp, my temper can almost flare. (Especially when it's the back of my arm- YOWCH!) Speaking of tempers, she has one (what?). In fact, much of the time she has a hoarse voice from yelling at me when I am not fast enough. I think she hasn't gotten the memo yet that I am just ONE mom. (If anyone finds "Alice", could you send her my way? Thanks.)
So far she has ripped 2 necklaces off my neck, permanently broken, and I am "livin on the edge" when I continue to try to wear hoop earrings. Her reaction time is quick, like a cheetah. But, I am going to admit that she reminds me more of a hyper puppy- and I don't even like dogs. I'm just honest. For months when she is happy or excited, she kicks her legs frantically whether she is on her back or tummy. Any time I feed her, rock her and then lay her down to bed (on her tummy...I know...we beat the odds...again) her legs go crazy, even in her half-sleep. She is never still, never calm, always moving, always grabbing, always, always, always. Instead of "wild", every now and then I like to say, "smart". It makes it better for me.
Who is this little baby girl, what will she be like, look like, act like? Yes, she keeps us moving, but what fun we are having in our family with her. She has so much needed attention at her beck and call. So many big brother helpers. I love it! Still so amazed and grateful for this awesome blessing that was given to us. I am truly in love, again. My heart feels about 6 times it's normal size. And then in an instant, she can melt it all down to a pathetic mess. Can't contain all the blessings. Can't do it.
Thursday, July 22, 2010
I Melt
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
She is positively delicious. LOVE her.
P.S. Don't you think getting a girl at the end of boys is like getting dessert after a good meal?
Bec, this post was seriously overdue! I look at her at don't recognize her - where'd that infant go? Looks like she'll be just as gorgeous as your boys, so you dodged the ugly bullet again. Good job! She's amazing; I just want to grab one of those chubby legs!! Please stop making me baby hungry. Thank you.
Melts MY heart just looking at the pictures!
I love her too!!!
Sounds like a wild one, just like my youngest. They come prepared to survive. :)
Ah the life of a little girl! :o) it seems to me that she was just born yesterday?! time flies. She is so darn cute!!!!
Okay, that last one of her with the white sweater on actually reminds me of a picture of you at that age. She is so adorable. I can hardly wait to see her again.
Love, Mom
Post a Comment