Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Busy work, Happy work

Too busy in the joy of raisin' these boys to give a quality post. I am knee deep into Valentines Day parties and treats, thinking about what to give to Eric to express my love for him, thinking about 2 boys' birthdays and parties, busy working out and counting every calorie in my every bite (I am in a new neighborhood weight loss challenge), I am fighting the nasty cold virus that is thinkin it's welcome in my home, am headed to CALI alone next week for my sister's baby to be born on Sunday and also for some continuing education for my long lost profession that I am looking for, and you know what? Hawaii is on my mind. In 3 weeks Eric and I will be going to Kauai. Alone. I bought the tickets while he was in Germany! So much going on and SO much to be thankful for. It's busy and I am loving it. Happy, thankful, busy. Very busy. To be clear, I am not complaining. I love this even though Eric just called to tell me he won't be home until after 8. Now baths and dinner- it's salmon, salad, and bread. The joy of it all- and it's ALL in how you look at it- it's all about the perspective one holds while doing it all. Tonight I'll try to do my best.

10 comments:

meg said...

Love the post. Love the perspective. Love the attitude. Enjoy Hawaii and make sure to take lots of pictures so we can live vicariously through you.

Dannette & Mark said...

Sounds a lttle familiar! I can relate and wouldn't want things any other way!

Jaimee said...

Who needs to figure out a gift when you have Hawaii ALONE to give him ;-) So excited for you! Also that cold thing must be all over I guess it's that time of year :(

Christie said...

I agree, I think the two of you in Hawaii is valentine's day wrapped up. Sounds like life is going well- busy though it may be.

Elise said...

Ahhh, Hawaii. That will be reeeelaxing! Just picture it. I'll be home with a newborn and lack of sleep (although EXTREMELY grateful for a new baby, just for the record) and you will be in Hawaii alone with your husband. . . resting, relaxing. Nice. Enyyyyyyoy (yes, I left the "j" out on purpose).

Andrea said...

Sounds like a super fun busy! Have fun in Hawaii, while we are all freezing our tushes off in good ole Utah!

karen said...

continuing education? for dental hygiene? just making sure you're not switching professions on me...

Kauai? I'm "besotted" with Kauai. you crack me up. I remember you guys had SUCH an amazing time last time you went to Hawaii, (watching LOST episodes and that freaky free hotel upgrade?!?!) sounds like you are in a pretty happy place right now. I love it.

Jessie said...

I must admit I am green with envy that you are taking trips to 2 warm weather locales. I am so ready for Spring!! Yay for you and Eric to have a special trip alone together in Paradise...hope it is absolutey wonderful!!!

Jacqueline said...

I'm so excited for you to be able to have a break and head to the warmth and greenery of Hawaii. Much better than a freebirds burrito and a trip to H.E.B. Have fun Becky!

Natalie said...

I thought I said I wanted to go with you to Hawaii???? Hmmmm??

I hope you guys have a great time. Anth and I dream of our next getaway quite often.