The boys were out of school on Wednesday. We have had so much fun...I love not having a schedule and having them around the house playing. Thanksgiving was a blast. We drove to Eric's sister's house and spent the day with his family (minus one of his sisters and his brother). Thank you again to Curtis and Alissa who were the best hosts this year...the house was beautiful, the food was great, the kids played so well together and everyone relaxed! There was: lots of food, talking, laughing, watching TV, having Eric around, hearing laughter from the kids, card playing, more eating, talking on and on, etc. It was just a great day. To top it off, we brought a lot of our dry beans and white rice to can while there. The in-laws had a canner at their home, so I brought empty cans and we ended up sealing 40 cans of beans and rice. I am officially DONE with my year supply. What a feeling!
Friday was also relaxing as we put up all of our Chrismas decorations. Camden was my best helper this year. While the other boys went outside to play, he worked hard with me in the house, hanging up all the ornaments on both trees. Good job, Camden! Saturday was my last bit of Christmas shopping (DONE!), and Sunday, another perfect family day, complete with the baking of 2 more pumpkin pies. Could it get any better than this? I say, NO. Monday has made it's way around again, so it's back to cleaning, organizing, and staying on task with real life, but SHOOT...what a great last week it was!
This week, to look forward to: The Jim Brickman Concert downtown. I think it's going to end up being a night out for Landon and me (Eric won't be able to make it...), Thursday is a fun "girls' night out" at the neighbor's house, and Saturday we have reservations with the kids at the Roof Restaurant in SLC. That is located on top of the Joseph Smith Memorial Building. It's hard to get reservations this time of year, but I got lucky with a 3:30 PM dining time. It will be a start to a really great family tradition of dinner, lights on Temple Square, the Joseph Smith movie, and some SLC shopping!
I have just realized that I have been blogging for a full year now. I started a year ago with some pictures of our Christmas decorations, and I find myself here once again, posting some of the same things. (Ok, I just can't quite part with my pumpkins... I love them.) Deck the halls people, and enjoy the season once again!
Sunday, November 30, 2008
It was such a fun few days!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



10 comments:
decorations look beautiful!
I can't believe you are done with your decorating AND your shopping! Boy are you good! I haven't even started decorating.
Sounds like a fabulous holiday. And hello? Done with Christmas shopping? I am HUGELY impressed, friend.
Love your decorations--that's my project this week...I'm jealous your done!! I've taken your advice on the x-mas shopping and only have a couple more things but you are so good to be done by now. It is a great feeling to not worry about it isn't it! I'm so glad you had such a nice and relaxing time this Thanksgiving especially w/your Eric!!
BTW Brian and I will be in SLC this weekend too! We're going to a Jazz game and a temple session--gotta love the temple square and lights this time of year so beautiful have a great time w/your fam!!!
Pumpins? Why what a cute little nick name. :)
Ok, ...I fixed my typ-o!... It now says pumpKins, and ...now those hefty pumpkins are laid to rest in my neighbors compost pile, to be used to produce worms and a very rich fertile soil. Bye, my little pumpins!
Love the Christmas decorations. So so Christmasy and such a great feeling they have. And I love your hair!
All your Christmas decorations look great. I love the cozy fire place, and the Christmas tree at the window. I love it when I drive by peoples houses during Christmas and see the tree through the window, it makes me smile!!
I love your blog! Your family has all grown up! Have a great holiday!
Sabrina
I love your style. The decorations are beautiful and your haircut is awesome (I just read a few of your blog posts).
Congratulations on your weight loss, on your team's success, and on your great perspective.
Decorations, haircuts, and weight loss are all just icing on the cake--it's obvious that you don't rely on these things to make you happy but with that healthy perspective they make life more enjoyable!
Post a Comment