| Disney Cruise April 2013 |
The other day I was thinking about how common it is for me to throw FHE together at the last minute or about the many nights we rush into family scripture study without remembering what we read about last. Is anyone is understanding any gospel concepts when we read? I thought about my role as a mother and what my actual “job” is in my home. I began to wonder how differently I would do things if I had a boss to check up on me throughout the day and evaluate the quality of my work. A few years ago I was talking to my sister about this subject. I told her that I was considering planning out our family scripture time on a daily basis. This way I would be prepared to discuss what the chapter is about- even maybe have a thought to go with it. Her response was, “every single night?!” I agreed with her. We kind of laughed it away. “Yes, how ridiculous. It’s overboard. Who would do this everyday??”
So, here I am again, considering what next step I could take to improve in my “job” as a mother; something that would make the very most of our valuable time as a family. I literally could use every minute and second of the day doing worthwhile things that would show just how much I love my children. But, “What matters MOST”? If the answer to that is to be teaching my children the gospel, (and it is) then does it seem quite as ridiculous to try to prepare better for our nightly scripture study or even to go as far as to make it an evening devotional?? This is my “job”. Will I do this perfectly? I doubt it. But, I do believe I will be blessed as I give it a good shot. I believe that I can be guided by the spirit, know what improvements to make and that I will continue to see clearly, “What Matters Most”. How grateful I am for the gospel and for it’s guidance. We are so blessed to have it.



0 comments:
Post a Comment